Would a Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 Ti OC 4GB Graphics Card be compatible with my predator g3 710?

frogjoe
frogjoe Member Posts: 28 Troubleshooter
edited February 15 in 2018 Archives
Hey, would a Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 Ti OC 4GB Graphics Card be compatible with my predator g3 710? If not, what Nvidea or other graphics cards would be sufficient for my computer? As my Nvidea GTX 970 has died on me. I am now using microsofts basic display driver being an Intel Graphics 530 and all temps look fine with using argus monitor. I have had my computer now for a little over 2 and a half years, so I guess something had to die soon being the gtx 970.
Help would be appreciated.
Cheers.

Comments

• frogjoe
    edited September 2018
    Here is my computers serial number.
    Predator G3 710 - DTB14EK0185420031F3000

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Yes, it will work just fine, though you'll likely have to upgrade your power supply at the same time. I think your SKU came with a 300W supply and you need more like 500W to run that card well.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • frogjoe
    edited September 2018
    billsey said:
    Yes, it will work just fine, though you'll likely have to upgrade your power supply at the same time. I think your SKU came with a 300W supply and you need more like 500W to run that card well.

Hey, thank you for your reply and info on the power supply. I will do some research on that.

• frogjoe
    Yeh, luckily I never had to disconnect the psu so to check the info watts as it was already showing.
    I take it I am fine for running the Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 Ti OC 4GB? Also I am now looking at the Gigabyte GTX 1050 Ti Windforce OC 4GB Graphics Card. Would that be compatible to?

Thanks for all your help.

• billsey
    Yes, either should be just fine with the 500W supply. ;)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • frogjoe
    billsey said:
    Yes, either should be just fine with the 500W supply. ;)

Your help is overwhelmingly appreciated.
    Great stuff.

• frogjoe
    Btw, on a final ask. My gtx 970 needed two seperate 6-pin connectors, whereas, the graphics cards I am looking at (mentioned above) well, they only come with 1 set of 6 pin*1. So I will have a spare 6 pin lead not doing anything. Does that pose a problem at all? Thanks.
  • billsey
    Nope. That should just be routed out of the way. I'd probably twist tie it in place somewhere so it doesn't work it's way into contact with a fan or something.
  • frogjoe
    billsey said:
    Nope. That should just be routed out of the way. I'd probably twist tie it in place somewhere so it doesn't work it's way into contact with a fan or something.

Thank You.
  • frogjoe
    I am just looking at the set of these fans.

Would they to be compatible with my machine? I am looking for a fan to blow the hot air out the back of my pc case and also another for the cpu? I saw these selling as a pair and thought I would ask here first. Thanks.

• billsey
    The two fan connectors I see on the motherboard are three pin, not the four pin that PWM requires.
  • frogjoe
    billsey said:
    The two fan connectors I see on the motherboard are three pin, not the four pin that PWM requires.
          Oh ok thanks.

• frogjoe
    billsey said:

Hey I checked. The cpu fan has 4 pins and also there is a spare 4 pin socket on the motherboard
         alittle above to the right of where the memory sticks are placed. As shown below:

Will I still be ok to install the Arctic Cooling F9 PWM Rev.2 92mm Case Fans?
    Cheers.

• billsey
    Measure the mounting holes, but if that connector is marked for a fan then it should work.
  • frogjoe
    billsey said:
    Measure the mounting holes, but if that connector is marked for a fan then it should work.
         Ah ok cheers.