Laptop turns off

Options
afelro97
afelro97 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi, my Acer Predator Helios 300 turns off randomly since a week, I'm not using with a lot of programs, what can I do?

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited September 2018
    Options
    What is the exact model? Does it turn off both on battery and power?
    This may also be happening because of the power interrupt button; if I'm not mistaken, in this model, also the next one is the ram!
    It is possible that this button is not pressed well, so the notebook shuts off!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Deejay_tech
    Deejay_tech Member Posts: 356 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    yes , egydiocoelho is correct. it could be one of the reason.
    although in my 2018 helios 300 this switch contact is on the memory cover. it is black sponge like thing which closes the contacts on the motherboard, when the memory cover is closed shut 
    My personal Acer m/c's
    1) Gaming: Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-51
    Config:Core i5 8300H, 16GB, 250GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 1050ti GPU

2) Daily Use: Acer Aspire A315-53  59GR
    Config: Core i5 8250u, 8GB, 256 SSD, 1TB HDD, IPS FHD 

3) Linux Learning: Acer Aspire A315-53 P4MY
    Config: Pentium Gold 4417U, 8 GB, 256 SSD, 500GB HDD.
  • afelro97
    afelro97 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Options
    What is the exact model? Does it turn off both on battery and power?
    This may also be happening because of the power interrupt button; if I'm not mistaken, in this model, also the next one is the ram!
    It is possible that this button is not pressed well, so the notebook shuts off!

Is the Predator G3-571. What should I do? Try oppening that or contact Acer using the warranty? I bought it 2 months ago

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    You can open the ram compartment which will not lose the warranty!
    Make sure this button is located on the ram and put some layers of electrical tape so that it is pressed down, like in this photo!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)