64bit Windows on Acer one s1003

drebnija
drebnija Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
Hello all, 

I have bought a brand new acer one s1003 today with 4GB Ram, but it came with windows 32bit( so I can't use all my ram). I have tried to install windows 64bit but I got an error: "This 64-bit application couldn't load because your PC doesn't have a 64-bit processor."

How can I install windows 64 bit 

Best Regards

Answers

• drebnija 

The S1003 comes with an Intel Atom processor. Although the processor handles 64 bit, with just 2GB of memory there is little to no advantage in running Windows 64 bit. I'd guess there aren't 64 bit drivers available since the processor was never expected to be running in 64 bit mode. The problems arise when you try to find 64bit drivers to match your hardware. Some of them just aren't available. Of critical importance are the motherboard drivers that handle cooling. Without them it's likely you'll have overheating problems. Running Windows 10 32-bit software will only recognize 2.9GB of usable memory.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • drebnija
    Ok I get this but what is the point of putting  4GB Ram to this CPU. So I will not be able to use my Tablet at its max? 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    They put 4GB in because it's pretty much the same cost as 2GB. You should have 3.75GB usable with a 32bit OS load, pretty close to the full amount.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Your computer model has a 32 bit UEFI.  So you can only install 32 bit Windows.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • drebnija

well it says 2.90 GB usable... 
  • HELLCITO
    HELLCITO Member Posts: 2 New User
    is anyway to update the bios and detect windows 10 64 bit boot devices ?
  • billsey
    Nope. They also don't have 64bit drivers, so even if it tried to boot the 64bit kernal it'd have driver problems.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Dodo03
    Dodo03 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Hi guys! I write here but I do not know if it's the right place! I bought 2 days ago 2 Acer One 10 S1003 64Gb Notebook for me and my brother. I wanted to do a clean installation of Windows 10 but unfortunately halfway through installation and an error came out. After the restart, this error "Acpi Bios Error" was issued. I tried everything, boot with external pendrive, boot with external CD. Now unfortunately I can not do any restore because in the format I deleted all 4 partitions: '(.. Recovery, Exp, Msr, C .... I'm stuck ... I can not do anything ... I should also format my Pc but unfortunately after this mess that I combined ... What I was wrong ?? It may be that I blocked everything because I tried to install Windows 10 64x ?? Sorry for my bad English! Thanks in advance to those who will answer!

• billsey
    Go into the BIOS and see if the ACPI setting is right. Then install 32bit OS.