My H7750BD projector won’t reset and turn on after lamp change

CommanderKeen
CommanderKeen Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 27 in 2018 Archives
Hello,

The lamp in my H7750BD recently blew, so I bought a replacement - same as the original, Osram P-VIP 210/0.8 E20.9n.

I put the new lamp in the original lamp housing and replaced it in the projector. I put the cover back on the top of the projector and pressed the reset button. All three red LEDs came on for a second, then one stayed on - the same red light that came on when the lamp blew originally.

I then pressed the power button and the red light went blue momentarily before turning off. One of the fans twitched. Then nothing.

I have tried reversing the cables that connect to the lamp and it makes no difference. I have taken apart the lamp housing and put it back together making sure the screws are in firmly. No change.

When the original lamp blew, the projector didn’t turn off - in fact it stayed on until I turned it off. So my thinking is that the reason it won’t turn on now isn’t related to the new lamp, but I could be wrong.

Does anyone know what the issue is and what I need to do to get the projector working again? 

Thanks.

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,735 Pathfinder
    You can just give a try to do power drain. Which is unplug all the cables that connects to the projector including the power cables, than press and hold the power button on the projector for 40 seconds than connect all the wires and check.
    Just try this and see.

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • CommanderKeen
    CommanderKeen Member Posts: 2 New User
    Ok I just tried the power drain and reconnected the power cord - same thing happened...