Who is the Motherboard manufacturer company of AN515-31?

I_am_Arya
I_am_Arya Member Posts: 18

Tinkerer

edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
I wanted to know the manufacturers of all the components of my Nitro 5. That's why I installed Speccy. It gave me all the info I needed precisely except for the motherboard.
For the motherboard I got the following info.
Manufacturer- KBL
Model - Freed_KL (U3E1)
Version - V1.20
along with some other info.
The PCI data could not be accessed by Speccy.
But KBL stands for Kaby Lake which is obviously not the manufacturer name.
I also tried using different hardware monitoring tools like CPU-Z, HWiNFO, AIDA64, Open hardware monitor etc. but got the same result.
I am confused whether it's deliberately done by Acer so that the PCI data couldn't be accessed using any software or it's dur to some other reasons.
Please help me.

Best Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Acer makes the design of a motherboard for a particular model, but who manufactures is an electronics company named COMPAL!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    I understood your questioning! However, as I told you earlier, whoever does the notebook design is not COMPAL, but ACER! You sure have already purchased a product with the name of a brand stamped on the product and the internal components are made by another company! That's what happens in the case of Acer, Dell, as these companies make the motherboard design and ask that other companies like COMPAL and QUANTA make these motherboards according to the design provided by Acer and Dell as an example!
    The service guide is distributed to ACE users! A user is considered an ACE when providing quality contributions in the community! I am not an employee of Acer!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Hi,
    Run HWiNFO 64, expand Bus, expand PCI Bus and find the details about the PCI ports in the right pane.
  • The motherboard manufacturer is COMPAL!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• I_am_Arya

Tinkerer

Hi,
    Run HWiNFO 64, expand Bus, expand PCI Bus and find the details about the PCI ports in the right pane.
    Thanks.
    I got the info regarding PCI ports but still the motherboard manufacturer is unknown.
    HWiNFO also reports it as KBL Freed_KL.
  • I_am_Arya

Tinkerer

The motherboard manufacturer is COMPAL!
    How did you know that?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Acer makes the design of a motherboard for a particular model, but who manufactures is an electronics company named COMPAL!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• I_am_Arya

Tinkerer

Thanks.
    Please share the link of that document.
  • I can not! It is a service guide and Acer prohibits its distribution! 
    Just so you know, some models have the motherboards manufactured by quanta, as is the case of the e5-575 model:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• I_am_Arya

Tinkerer

I can not! It is a service guide and Acer prohibits its distribution! 
    Just so you know, some models have the motherboards manufactured by quanta, as is the case of the e5-575 model:

Okay.
    If the distribution is prohibited by Acer I don't need it but I am still confused why any reputed hardware monitoring tools couldn't detect the manufacturer's name. Is it deliberately done by Acer so that the motherboard can't be tweaked or some other reasons?
  • Who manufactures the motherboards, is the compal, quanta, among others! However the Acer logo is placed, because it is she who makes the design of motherboard and notebook!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Do you also think that dell, asus, among other brands, make their motherboards? They may even manufacture their own motherboards for certain models, however, are other companies like the compal and quanta that manufacture the motherboards for these brands too!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• I_am_Arya

Tinkerer

Do you also think that dell, asus, among other brands, make their motherboards? They may even manufacture their own motherboards for certain models, however, are other companies like the compal and quanta that manufacture the motherboards for these brands too!
    I know that brands use components from different manufacturers just like AN515-31 has CPU from Intel, HDD from WD , GPU from Nvidia and as you informed motherboard from Compal.
    But I asked the question as the hardware monitoring tools I used couldn't detect the manufacturer's name only in the case of my AN515-31 while the manufacturer's names were detected on my old Lenovo ThinkPad and my brother's Dell Inspiron laptops.
    Do you understand me now?
    By the way how did you have access to that Acer service guide? Are you an authorised Acer service centre employee?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    I understood your questioning! However, as I told you earlier, whoever does the notebook design is not COMPAL, but ACER! You sure have already purchased a product with the name of a brand stamped on the product and the internal components are made by another company! That's what happens in the case of Acer, Dell, as these companies make the motherboard design and ask that other companies like COMPAL and QUANTA make these motherboards according to the design provided by Acer and Dell as an example!
    The service guide is distributed to ACE users! A user is considered an ACE when providing quality contributions in the community! I am not an employee of Acer!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• I_am_Arya

Tinkerer

Yes, of course!!!
    You have earned the ACE user title by contributing quality contents to this community and you surely deserve it.
    I have another question regarding the fan of AN515-31. Should I ask this here or start a new thread?

• Commodore_1995#
    edited September 2018
    You can ask me right here or send me a private message!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• harbledown
    harbledown Member Posts: 25 Troubleshooter
    I have sympathy with I_am_Arya. I have just bought an Acer AN517-51 and have been in correspondence with Acer support to try and get a copy of the service manual. As I pointed out to them, all laptops I have ever bought have included a service guide giving full details of the motherboard and also a disassembling guide to help in upgrading or replacing parts.
  • Scottyat5
    Scottyat5 Member Posts: 35 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    SMT "surface mount technology".  In electronics, machines populate the PCB "printed circuit boards" with very small components such as microchips, resistors, capacitors, coils and diodes at a very fast rate. The printed circuit board goes through a solder wave to adhere the components to the pcb. Without the proper test equipment, schematic diagrams, knowledge and experience, there is no way you will be able to repair the motherboard. Even if you find the problem you have another problem as how to acquire the proper part / component to fix it. All you can do is replace the whole assembly with a known working assembly of the same manufacturer and part number. Yes! it is nice to know all your part manufacturers and able to identify the stuff that is replaceable such as the laptop battery, CMOS battery, Memory, and Hard Drive / Solid State Drive the things that have connectors. You will not be able to repair the motherboard, gpu, cpu, and sometimes the WiFi since some Wifi are soldered to the motherboard. In reality, once the motherboard craps out your laptop is history and only good for cannibalization "spare parts". The only people who require the Service Manual are those authorized to perform repairs. Once your computer is 2 , 3 or 4 years old it might be impossible to repair it due to lack of parts, meaning it is time to buy another computer.
This discussion has been closed.