Which acer chrome book model supports Microsoft office 360

RaoR
RaoR Member Posts: 47 Devotee WiFi Icon
Which acer chrome book model supports Microsoft office 360. not all chrome books supports MS office 360 from play store. Google support has a list of chromebooks supporting MS office 360 when contacted Acer chat support - they said chrome books doesnt support. 
Hi! I'm not Cortana! But I'm here to help! Click "Like" if you find the answer helpful!
Click "Yes" when the comment answers your question!

Regards,
RR :) 

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Hi RaoR, 

Microsoft Office is now available for Google Chromebook users through the Google Play Store. Please check if the "Google Play Store" app is listed on your Chromebook. If there is no Google Play Store on your Chromebook. you need to install the office applications from Chrome web store.

Microsoft offers a completely free web-based version of Office called Office Online, complete with Word Online, Excel Online, and PowerPoint Online. 
    Microsoft even makes these apps available in the Chrome Web Store.

Microsoft's Office Online is a completely free, web-based version of Microsoft Office. You need to login using a Microsoft account.
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• kathnh
    kathnh Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited September 2021
    My Acer Chromebook came with the model number CB315-3H-C2C3.  This apparently was a combination Windows/Chromebook that Acer sold.  Acer technical help said to call Google Technical support but they gave me the wrong number.  I've tried several other Google telephone numbers to no avail.  I am stuck with two useless Chromebooks that won't work.  Is there any help available? 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Any of the newer Chromebooks will allow you to use Office 365 using the apps suggested above. I believe you are thinking of the Cloudbooks Acer has, not Chromebooks. Cloudbooks run a minimal version of Windows, not the ChromeOS. You just need to use the Chrome Web Store to download the apps for free, and your Office 365 account for the permissions.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.