How can I change the emailaddress in My account?

Giel
Giel Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 22 in 2018 Archives
How can I change the emailaddress in My account?

Answers

• TECH_MAN
    TECH_MAN Ally Posts: 453
    Hi Giel

Change Primary email address of Microsoft Account

If you wish to change your primary Microsoft Account email address associated with your Windows device, you can choose an Alias or create a new one and then make it Primary.

Visit your Microsoft account page and sign in. Next, select the ‘Your Info’ tab adjacent to ‘Account’ option.

Change Primary Microsoft Account

Then, select “Manage how you sign in to Microsoft”. You may be prompted to sign into your Microsoft account again.

Sign in again so that you can get access to this high-security page.

manage-account

This page displays the complete list of all email addresses including:

• Primary email – It’s the email address you use to login to your account, and other services use this account to notify about something important or their services.
    • Aliases – It’s just another additional account name which can be an email address, phone number, or Skype name. Aliases uses the same inbox, contact list, and account settings as the primary alias.

On this page, you will be able to change the primary Microsoft Account email to another one already listed.

account-aliases

To switch to a different primary email address, chose “Make primary” option seen next to an existing alias.

If you want to create a new alias and then change to it, press “Add email” link to add an email address, and then make it the primary email.

add-alias

A warning message mentioning about the impact of removing an alias account will be displayed prompting you to confirm the action. You should read the message, then and then press Remove if you want to proceed.

Having done this, your primary Microsoft account for Windows 10 will be changed.

"Hit Like if its Helpful"

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!