Acer Predator 17x on Acer Predator 27inch monitor- BLACK SCREEN!

Jprad
Jprad Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi Guys,

So of late my laptop which is connected to my acer predator monitor (27" XB27iHU) has recently started FREQUENTLY black screening when loading into game menu's. Its happening mostly on BF1 but also a little on newer games like HUNT.

The laptop itself seems to be working fine, starts up no worries and when running its native 4k screen it seems to start every time without blackscreening. This is extremely annoying because the blackscreen totally ignores all commands, so im having to frequently hold power to hard-reset (as no soft reset on this laptop).

The music still plays so its as if the PC itself is still running but the display is shafted.

Im running a predator- GX792. Display is set to only run on extended monitor (so laptop is black all the time), connected over proper digital cable (forget terminology for the square pin newer cable).

I've checked nvidia 1080 drivers are up to date.

Do you guys have any idea?? the laptop sits mostly on my desk which is why its important it runs on the connected display, which is a much better (although only 2K) display.

Sorry if I have not provided more standard info to help with your troubleshooting, happy to hunt whatever you need down to assist. Cheers!

Answers

• vanadium
    vanadium Member Posts: 68 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Try the screen with another computer to find which component is failing.
  • Jprad
    Jprad Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thanks Vanadium. Unfortunately I don't have another computer here. Is there a program which can check the monitor for hang-ups?
  • Try playing in fullscreen windowed mode.

Could be a windows update causing the issue.
    - Hotel Hero