Boot Manager only found Windows Boot Manager - Acer Apire E15 E5 575G-76AY

rusiiiru
rusiiiru Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Acer Apire E15 E5 575G-76AY when get to boot manager by pressing f12 there is no any other device detetcted USB OR DVD Drive I tried to install Linux Dual boot with windows 10

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Answers

• Hi,
    I don't know anything about Linux and how to Dual boot with Windows 10 but I can show you how to enable USB drive to show in Boot order. In any event, please make sure you backup the original OS and familiarise with recovery methods, if you come across any problems.
    You have to disable Secure boot and switch to Legacy mode, you need to go to BIOS settings and do the required changes, if you are not sure how to change the BIOS settings and haven't done it before, try this with care by following the instructions or get help from a local repair shop.
    1.Go to BIOS by pressing F2 repeatedly at start, move to Security tab, click Set Supervisor Password, enter a convenient and easy Password, write this down or make a very easy password to remember because if you forget this you won't be able to operate the laptop.
    2.Move to Boot tab, click Boot mode and change to Legacy.
    3. Click Secure Boot and select Disabled.

4. Click F10 to SAVE and exit.
    5.Reboot and press F2, you will have to enter the Password to access BIOS, then move to Boot tab and you will find all the boot devices displayed.
     once you have completed what you wanted to do, don't forget to clear the Password.
    This is how you clear the Password, go to BIOS, move to Security tab, click Set Supervisor Password, enter the Password, just leave blank for new Password, confirm Password by leaving the next line blank as well.
    If you don't understand any instructions, please ask before you start.

• TECH_MAN
    TECH_MAN Ally Posts: 453
    Hi rusiiiru,
    ->Go to BIOS by pressing F2 repeatedly at start, 
    ->Move to Boot tab, click Boot mode and change to Legacy.
    -> Click Secure Boot and select Disabled.
    -> Click F10 to SAVE and exit.
    ->Reboot and press F12, you will have to enter the Boot Mode 

1.Once you enter the BIOS configuration, please select [BOOT].

2. Enable [Launch CSM]. (Compatibility Support Module)

3. Enter [Security] -> disable [Secure Boot Control]

4.  Press F10 to save the configuration.

"Hit Like if its Helpful"

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Gawain
    Gawain Member Posts: 373 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    how did you make your linux usb stick and using what parameters? Have you had a chance to boot it on another uefi enable pc to verify the stick is bootable?

• bangqae
    bangqae Member Posts: 2 New User
    In my acer 5 a515 52g 55s7, there's no legacy option on boot menu, what do I do?
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer

If you're trying to dual boot linux with Win10 you must install linux in UEFI mode. You cannot dual boot in legacy mode anyway.  Follow these directions. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Kody
    Kody Member Posts: 3 New User
    So I’m stuck on dis page and can’t do anything can someone help?
  • Kody
  • Kody
    Can anyone help :anguished:
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Press and hold the power button till the machine shuts off. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ