How do I stop the auto Config message box popping up all the time?

Serafena
Serafena Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
I am constantly getting a box popping up Saying auto config please wait, how do I stop this 

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,745 Pathfinder
    Is ti a monitor that you have connected to the device ? Could please share the message exactly when you get this message so that i can help you
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Serafena
    Serafena Member Posts: 2 New User
    the monitor is connected via vga to the tower, the setting menu pops up then Auto config message appears constantly....
  • Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,745 Pathfinder
    Please try these step and check and reply

1.Close any games that you've been playing on your computer. The "Auto Config Please Wait" error tends to pop up when full screen games are being played. To get around this error, change the settings of your games so the screen size is smaller. This can often be done by navigating to the options or settings section of a game.

2.Change your screen resolution by right-clicking on your desktop, selecting "Properties," then "Display Settings." The resolution size you choose doesn't matter. Changing the screen size sometimes resets the settings and fixes the "Auto Config Please Wait" error.

3.Check the cord that connects your computer monitor to the back of your computer tower. A loose, ripped or old cord could cause the "Auto Config Please Wait" error. Try connecting the cord to another computer and see if you get the same error. If you do, it's time to buy a new cord.

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • willyt
    willyt Member Posts: 1 New User
    I think I have the same problem. First I get the "Empowering technology" box that stays on for almost a minute. followed by the auto config. box for a few seconds. these will repeat again and again then disappear for several minutes only to reappear later. These are only visible on the acer monitor. someone on a remote monitor will not see them. 
     I was able to stop this for a few weeks by undoing windows 10 updates. The pointer has no effect and the boxes are allways on top of everything else.