Acer Aspire V3-731 max RAM?

YmerejO42
YmerejO42 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hey, I have a used Acer Aspire V3-731 I got recently. I had to replace the hard drive and battery, but now it's working fine. I'm just wondering, right now, it has 8GB of RAM in it, can I upgrade it to 16GB? The part number is NX.M31AA.006, if that helps.

Also, right now it has one stick of DDR3-1333 and one of DDR3-1600. No stability issues, so I'm guessing either it supports the faster RAM or it's slowed down to match the other one. If I do upgrade it, which speed should I use?

Best Answer

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,735 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    System Memory 

Dual-channel DDR3 SDRAM support:
    Up to 8 GB of DDR3 system memory, upgradable to 16 GB using two soDIMM modules for Dual-Core CPU, upgradable to 32 GB using four soDIMM modules for Quad-Core CPU under 64-bit OS
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Jack22
    Answer ✓
    System Memory 

Dual-channel DDR3 SDRAM support:
    Up to 8 GB of DDR3 system memory, upgradable to 16 GB using two soDIMM modules for Dual-Core CPU, upgradable to 32 GB using four soDIMM modules for Quad-Core CPU under 64-bit OS
  • Jack22
    You can use DDR3-1600
  • Hello,
    1. Laptop datasheet: Link
    2. Processor specs: Link
    France
  • YmerejO42
    So, looking at the answers so far, it looks like I can upgrade it to 16GB of RAM (since it's a dual-core system), and DDR3-1600 is fine to use, right?
  • christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    yes you can.
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • YmerejO42
    OK, thanks very much! I know what upgrade I'll be buying next, then.
  • Nico82
    Nico82 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi. Im have similar question. I have a v3 731 as well, i recently put a i7 3620qm processor in and it works fine but upgraded ram as well to 2x crucial 8gb 1600  sticks which should work given all available information but wont post with both sticks in, works fin with one stick or even one 8gb stick and one of my old samsung 4gb sticks. The bios is locked as its a laptop. Is there any options i have to use a 16gb 1600 kit(2x 8gb sticks)?