Acer aspire A715-72G m.2 support

Options

Answers

• Majidxlnc
    Majidxlnc Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    i have acer a715-71g, is it support WD black Nvme ssd PCIe Gen3 8 Gb/s, up to 4 lanes.
     kindly answer 
    Bro I installed  
    WD black Nvme ssd PCIe Gen3 8 Gb/s, up to 4 lanes M.2 SSD and it works Great , the exact one which I installed is this model  WDS250G2X0C. the screw that came didn't fit so better have a small screw handy.

• peter_jayaseelan
    peter_jayaseelan Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    My friend got ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512gb 3D NAND PCIe Gen3x4 M.2.

I wanted to buy the same. Is it works at acer a715-71g
  • Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Options
    My friend got ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512gb 3D NAND PCIe Gen3x4 M.2.

I wanted to buy the same. Is it works at acer a715-71g
    Yes. You can use the above SSD and it should work. However, there is no tested results with the above model SSD. Below is the complete specs of compatible SSD's which are officially recommended by Acer. 

My recommendation is to go with any one of the SSD's mentioned in the above list for best performance. 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• Atefovic
    Atefovic Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Hello,
    can i install "Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 SSD - 500GB [PCIe 3.0 NVMe]" with product number "MZ-V7S500BW" ?
    thanks

• brummyfan2
    Options
    Atefovic said:
    Hello,
    can i install "Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 SSD - 500GB [PCIe 3.0 NVMe]" with product number "MZ-V7S500BW" ?
    thanks

Hi,
    Yes, you can use that ssd.

• Atefovic
    Atefovic Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Atefovic said:
    Hello,
    thanks

Hi,

Thanks for Your fast support
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    Atefovic said:
    Atefovic said:
    Hello,
    thanks

Hi,

Thanks for Your fast support
    You are welcome :)
  • axelst
    axelst Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Hi.

I'm thinking of buying a Acer Aspire 7 A715-72G-79PF. According to all specs I have found it contains only one ssd disk of 256 GB.
    When I have searched for the Aspire-7 it says that some models support another hard drive to be installed. Does this model support this? What type of drives can then be installed, another ssd?
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Options
    axelst said:
    Hi.

I'm thinking of buying a Acer Aspire 7 A715-72G-79PF. According to all specs I have found it contains only one ssd disk of 256 GB.
    When I have searched for the Aspire-7 it says that some models support another hard drive to be installed. Does this model support this? What type of drives can then be installed, another ssd?
    Hi,
    You can install a 2.5" HDD or a SSD up to 2TB, as it's a storage drive I would suggest a HDD.
  • axelst
    Options
    axelst said:
    Hi.

Hi,
    You can install a 2.5" HDD or a SSD up to 2TB, as it's a storage drive I would suggest a HDD.
    Okey, nice.
    Why do you suggest a HDD? Is there due to limitations in the hardware or because you believe it is more neccessary to have a larger storing device rather than another ssd?
  • brummyfan2
    edited April 2019
    Options
    axelst said:
    axelst said:
    Hi.

Hi,
    Okey, nice.
    Why do you suggest a HDD? Is there due to limitations in the hardware or because you believe it is more neccessary to have a larger storing device rather than another ssd?
    It's a storage drive so it doesn't matter whether it's a HDD or a SSD, mostly SSDs are used for speed in boot drives, as you already have a SSD as a boot drive you don't need a SSD for storage, however it's up to you to choose whichever you prefer.
  • axelst
    Options
    axelst said:
    axelst said:
    Hi.

Hi,
    Okey, nice.
    It's a storage drive so it doesn't matter whether it's a HDD or a SSD, mostly SSDs are used for speed in boot drives, as you already have a SSD as a boot drive you don't need a SSD for storage, however it's up to you to choose whichever you prefer.
    Great, thanks!
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    axelst said:
    axelst said:
    axelst said:
    Hi.

Hi,
    Okey, nice.
    Great, thanks!
    You are welcome :)
  • jk09877
    jk09877 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    Hi there, I just recently purchased an Aspire 7 A715-72G-79BH, I was looking at purchasing a Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 250GB M.2 NVMe, would this be compatible? Thanks for the help!
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    jk09877 said:
    Hi there, I just recently purchased an Aspire 7 A715-72G-79BH, I was looking at purchasing a Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 250GB M.2 NVMe, would this be compatible? Thanks for the help!
    Hi,
    Yes, it will work in your model.
  • jk09877
    jk09877 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    jk09877 said:
    Hi,
    Thanks for the help!!
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    jk09877 said:
    jk09877 said:
    Hi,
    Thanks for the help!!
    You are welcome  :)
  • Arminiumar
    Arminiumar Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Hi,
    could someone please help me with my request.

I've an Aspire A715-72G-73GM and consider to change the existing M.2 to a bigger / faster one.
    Refering to my "Computer Management" my NTB is equipped with an <INTEL SSDPEKKW256GB>.

Which kind of M.2's is my device suppose to have? Where do I find some kind of an official compatibility list?

Specifications like:
    - NVMe or SATA
    - PCIe 3x4 or 4x4
    - up to which speed do the components support ( some kind of Benchmark limitations )
    - maybe a list of drive models would be very helpful

The offers at Amazon doesn't clearly declare if the products ( M.2's ) fit to my notebook.

I would apreciate any competent recommendation.

• i_love_tazzus
    i_love_tazzus Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Hi,
    could someone please help me with my request.

I've an Aspire A715-72G-73GM and consider to change the existing M.2 to a bigger / faster one.
    Refering to my "Computer Management" my NTB is equipped with an <INTEL SSDPEKKW256GB>.

Which kind of M.2's is my device suppose to have? Where do I find some kind of an official compatibility list?

Specifications like:
    - NVMe or SATA
    - PCIe 3x4 or 4x4
    - up to which speed do the components support ( some kind of Benchmark limitations )
    - maybe a list of drive models would be very helpful

The offers at Amazon doesn't clearly declare if the products ( M.2's ) fit to my notebook.

I would apreciate any competent recommendation.

Best Regards
    Armin
    As long as the M.2 you use is similar in build to the one you have, it should work. What I would avoid for your A715 is using M.2 drives that are of the 2242 type (M.2 2242). Those will definitely not fit your laptop's M.2 slot. 

I use this Intel M.2 in my A715-72G-79BH laptop: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1437036-REG/intel_ssdpeknw020t8x1_660p_2tb_ssd_sata.html
    Works very well, and is lower powered compared to more expensive M.2 drives. It's possible to use faster M.2's but this one's perfect for me as it doesn't consume too much power. Fast M.2's tend to consume a lot of power, so those tend to be better for desktop machines IMO (or higher end laptops). I chose this one as it doesn't consume much wattage but gives me the storage I want for dual booting 2 OS's.
  • Arminiumar
    Arminiumar Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Hello i_love_tazzus,

first of all thank You for Your impart of personal experience.

As using a laptop the power consuption of components are considerable for mobile durability.

During a phone call with the Acer Support I found out that Acer does have mostly recommendations for intel m.2's either.
    Contemplate the proven use of intel m.2 NVMe drives I'd like to consider the fact.

The exploit of very fast NVMe's is questionable anyway when it comes to DMI bus availibility for PCI Express.
    As the bandwidth of the DMI bus is capable to support other features of the chipset at the same time probably, like:

- SATA lanes
    - LAN
    - USB 3.0 lanes
    - etc.

there is no way that two or more PCH-based PCIe x4 links can obtain the transfer rate necessary
    to take real advantage of the plain transferring rate of those drives.
    If I'm assuming correctly.

In fact it's primarily about the size of the drive since I'm also running two OS's on SSD for faster boot.

Now I've an open question remaining:

Do You know if there are two m.2 connectors on the mainboard of the Aspire A715-(72 series)?
    Maybe one visible, when removing the back cover of the laptop and one on the other side of the mainboad, not visible yet?