M.2 Slot on Aspire 3 A315-32-P3P7 as well as RAM slots

Options
AK007
AK007 Member Posts: 7 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
Wanted to know whether there is an M.2 Slot on Aspire 3 A315-32-P3P7 and is it compatible with NVME SSD. Also does it have a single or dual ram slots?

Best Answer

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,153 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    AK007 said:
    You are welcome :)
    Just one more confirmation required. If the 4gb ram soldered on the motherboard and the ram slot is empty?  
    Hi,
    You have 4GB on-board memory, you can install a 4GB or a 8GB DDR4 2400MHz module in the slot which can be accessed at the back, remove one screw from the hatch and install the module. So you will end up with total memory of either 8GB or 12GB depending on which size module you install.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Hi,
    You have a single slot for memory upgrade(yellow rectangle) and a M.2 slot, you can use most probably a M.2 SATA SSD as I haven't seen anyone installed a NVMe SSD in this model.

• AK007
    Options
    Thankyou. It is sad that Acer India voids warranty if you try to open the expansion slots and upgrade the Laptop. Laws are not stringent enough against such practices in this country, 
  • AK007
    Options
    Just one more confirmation required. If the 4gb ram soldered on the motherboard and the ram slot is empty?  
  • AceFan
    AceFan Member Posts: 40 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    A few tips if you upgrade.

I don't have your particular Acer but for mine, there were Youtube videos on how to open up the case. If not there are probably Images searching Google Images.

When you remove all the screws put them in a small container so you can easily find them. 

I cracked a case on my Toshiba laptop using my hands to pry open the case after removing screws. A  better approach is using a credit card or gift card which much more gently prys open the case. I personally have a bunch of used up gift cards that I use to open up my Acer case. It took a little time but it worked perfectly.
  • brummyfan2
    Answer ✓
    Options
    AK007 said:
    Hi,
    You have 4GB on-board memory, you can install a 4GB or a 8GB DDR4 2400MHz module in the slot which can be accessed at the back, remove one screw from the hatch and install the module. So you will end up with total memory of either 8GB or 12GB depending on which size module you install.

• AK007
    Options
    Thankyou Brummyfan2. I will keep that in mind Acefan.
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    AK007 said:
    Thankyou Brummyfan2. I will keep that in mind Acefan.
  • AK007
    Options
    Just to let everyone know, I contaced ACER support and they told me this Laptop does not support an NVME ssd.

Relevant extract from their email.

"Thank you for contacting Acer India Helpdesk.

We would like to inform you, laptop with Aspire 3 A315-32-P3P7 supports M 2 SATA only.

Thank you for choosing Acer.

Regards,"

Hope this is helpful for People who purchase this laptop.