How do i get my contacts from my phone to my chromebook?

juiceman
juiceman Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello everybody! I just purchased an Acer R 11 Chromebook. I have an android phone. How do i get my contacts on to the chromebook? Thanks in advance!

Best Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,735 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

Method 1: USB Cable transfer

This method will only work for Android devices, s Chrome OS supports MTP file transfer, which means that it can treat your phone storage as an external storage device and move stuff to and from it just like a pen-drive or a hard-disk. Here’s how you can transfer files between your smartphone and Chromebook.

Connect your smartphone to your Chromebook using the USB Cable. As soon as you connect your smartphone, you should see the notification Connected as a media device. Tap on that and make sure the Media device (MTP)option is checked.

powerwash chrome-1

On your Chromebook, the Files application will automatically pop up, displaying the contents of your phone’s internal storage.

chrome mobile sync-2

Notice the XT1068 (model number of your phone) folder on the sidebar of the file explorer. The internal storage of the phone will be accessible through this folder. If you have an sd-card inside your phone, that will show up as a separate directory on the sidebar, below the internal storage folder. Inside these folders, all your phone’s stored files will be accessible. You can copy and paste files from them just like you would when using a pen-drive.

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    edited September 2018 Answer ✓
    Hi juiceman

Below is the complete actions which can be done with your Android phone & Chromebook. I hope this helps. 

Add, move, import & export contacts

You can add contacts one by one, or import them together. You can also export contacts from one or more accounts.

Note: Some of these steps work only on Android 6.0 and up. Learn how to check your Android version.

Add a contact

Contacts saved to your Google Account will sync with Google Contacts and all your Android devices.

1. Open the Contacts app Contacts.
    2. Tap Add Add.
    3. Enter the contact’s name and an email or phone number.
      • To pick the account where you want to save the contact: next to your email account, tap the Down arrow Down Arrow.
      • To add more name details: Next to "Name," tap the Down arrow Down Arrow.
      • To add a photo: Tap Edit photo Edit photo.
      • To enter more information, like a street address or notes: Tap More fields.
    4. When you're finished, tap Save.

Move a contact

You can move a contact from other accounts into a Google Account.

Moving a contact deletes it from the original account.

1. Open the Contacts app Contacts.
    2. Select a contact.
    3. Tap Menu More and then Move.
    4. Choose the Google Account you want to move the contact to.
    5. Tap Move.

Import contacts

You can add all your contacts to a Google Account. After you import, the contacts are still in your other account.

If you have a SIM card with contacts saved on it, you can import them to your Google Account.

1. Insert the SIM card into your device.
    2. Open the Contacts app Contacts.
    3. Tap Menu Menu and then Settings and then Import.
    4. Tap SIM card. If you have multiple accounts on your device, pick the account where you'd like to save the contacts.

If you’ve saved contacts to a VCF file, you can import them to your Google Account.

2. Tap Menu Menu and then Settings and then Import.
    3. Tap .vcf file. If you have multiple accounts on your device, pick the account where you'd like to save the contacts.
    4. Find and select the VCF file to import.

Export contacts

2. Tap Menu Menu and then Settings and then Export.
    3. Choose one or more accounts to export contacts from.
    4. Tap Export to .VCF file.
    SOURCE: https://support.google.com/contacts/answer/6118725?hl=en
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,735 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

Method 1: USB Cable transfer

This method will only work for Android devices, s Chrome OS supports MTP file transfer, which means that it can treat your phone storage as an external storage device and move stuff to and from it just like a pen-drive or a hard-disk. Here’s how you can transfer files between your smartphone and Chromebook.

Connect your smartphone to your Chromebook using the USB Cable. As soon as you connect your smartphone, you should see the notification Connected as a media device. Tap on that and make sure the Media device (MTP)option is checked.

powerwash chrome-1

On your Chromebook, the Files application will automatically pop up, displaying the contents of your phone’s internal storage.

chrome mobile sync-2

Notice the XT1068 (model number of your phone) folder on the sidebar of the file explorer. The internal storage of the phone will be accessible through this folder. If you have an sd-card inside your phone, that will show up as a separate directory on the sidebar, below the internal storage folder. Inside these folders, all your phone’s stored files will be accessible. You can copy and paste files from them just like you would when using a pen-drive.

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    edited September 2018 Answer ✓
    Hi juiceman

Below is the complete actions which can be done with your Android phone & Chromebook. I hope this helps. 

Add, move, import & export contacts

You can add contacts one by one, or import them together. You can also export contacts from one or more accounts.

Note: Some of these steps work only on Android 6.0 and up. Learn how to check your Android version.

Add a contact

Contacts saved to your Google Account will sync with Google Contacts and all your Android devices.

2. Tap Add Add.
    3. Enter the contact’s name and an email or phone number.
      • To pick the account where you want to save the contact: next to your email account, tap the Down arrow Down Arrow.
      • To add more name details: Next to "Name," tap the Down arrow Down Arrow.
      • To add a photo: Tap Edit photo Edit photo.
      • To enter more information, like a street address or notes: Tap More fields.
    4. When you're finished, tap Save.

Move a contact

You can move a contact from other accounts into a Google Account.

Moving a contact deletes it from the original account.

1. Open the Contacts app Contacts.
    2. Select a contact.
    3. Tap Menu More and then Move.
    4. Choose the Google Account you want to move the contact to.
    5. Tap Move.

Import contacts

You can add all your contacts to a Google Account. After you import, the contacts are still in your other account.

If you have a SIM card with contacts saved on it, you can import them to your Google Account.

1. Insert the SIM card into your device.
    2. Open the Contacts app Contacts.
    3. Tap Menu Menu and then Settings and then Import.
    4. Tap SIM card. If you have multiple accounts on your device, pick the account where you'd like to save the contacts.

If you’ve saved contacts to a VCF file, you can import them to your Google Account.

2. Tap Menu Menu and then Settings and then Import.
    3. Tap .vcf file. If you have multiple accounts on your device, pick the account where you'd like to save the contacts.
    4. Find and select the VCF file to import.

Export contacts

2. Tap Menu Menu and then Settings and then Export.
    3. Choose one or more accounts to export contacts from.
    4. Tap Export to .VCF file.
    SOURCE: https://support.google.com/contacts/answer/6118725?hl=en
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• juiceman
    juiceman Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thank you my friends.