Acer Aspire 5 (A515-51) Fan buzzing noise.

talezshin
talezshin Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi,

I'm having serious fan buzzing noise issue with my new A515-51 with i7 Processor. Would it be possible to purchase the fan part from Acer? other than 3rd party retailers? 

This buzzing noise is actually killing me and the machine. The faulty fan will eventually kill this computer once the fan stops operating.

I'm running Linux on this machine and the fan speed is not controllable from software interface according to this mainboard chipset. So, my only bet is installing a new 'functional' fan. I am capable of servicing computers myself. So, I would rather purchase the fan module than sending the entire unit out for repair. I do not have time for such service either.

I've talked to the customer support agent but it seems she doesn't even know anything on the computer hardware, suggesting driver reinstall... I'm kinda frustrated with Acer brand now.

Thanks.

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 4,004 Pathfinder
    Hi,
    I do understand that you are Tech Savy. So i guess you know the only option is to change the fan.
    So you can purchase it from 3rd party or you can contact part partners, who have the parts for Acer units
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • aheddz92
    aheddz92 Member Posts: 3 New User
    I finally found the solution : go modify the alimentation profil. By default, it should be named Acer ... Choose : create a new profile and choose : energy saver. The fan noise should be gone!