Brand new Nitro 5 Spin performing extremely slow

MMNJ
MMNJ Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi everyone. I purchased a brand new Nitro 5 Spin the other day and have been struggling with this laptop throughout the entire weekend. In short, it's basically a brick. It takes 20-30 minutes to boot up. Once I'm in windows, it struggles to do everything else as well. Opening the start menu or any folder can take 30 seconds or more, and trying to run a program is near impossible and can take almost as long as the bootup. I've updated the BIOS and drivers, as well as reinstalled windows 10. Disk usage is generally always sitting at 100%. I ran a dskchk in the command prompt (which came back fine) and also did a read/write test (roughly 65mbps). I only have basic computer skills to try and track down what the issue is. Other than that, I'm just googling for answers. Not sure where to really go from here. I did order an M.2 SSD to install windows on, so I'm waiting for that to come in. Any advice you could give is greatly appreciated. 

Comments

• White_angel
    White_angel Member Posts: 20 Networker
    Open command prompt and enter the following command:

chkdsk /f /r /x

This will fix any drive errors and isolate bad sectors. 

NOTE: If you are still under warranty contact Acer in your region and request a repair of your device.
  • MMNJ
    MMNJ Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thanks White Angel. I actually ended up swapping an old SSD into the laptop and did a clean install of windows. It definitely runs the way it should now. Seems like the HDD it came with might be faulty. I'll test it later on by completely formatting it and doing a clean install of windows while it's installed into my other laptop to see if it runs well. I understand that that a 5400RPM HDD isn't the fastest drive in the world, but there is no reason it shouldn't be capable of basic functions.
  • Mandira
    Mandira Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited July 2019
    I have bought a Acer nitro 5spin laptop today . My laptop is running really slow .Even sometimes the whole thing get paused and nothing works it happen once today and thus I am really scared . I have never faced anything like this before I am a first time user of the Acer product and from the first day the problem occurred .