Acer Aspire A315-41-R4WN touchpad doesn't work at all even after installing drivers.

flo222
flo222 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi,my sister bought an Acer Aspire A315-41-R4WN but after a month the touchpad stopped working,i installed again the drivers and still doesn't work,please help.

Best Answer

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,745 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

Hi,

power drain: Just check the back of the unit, you can find a pin hole , unplug the charger and turn off the unit. now put a paper clip in the small pin hole and press and hold it for 30 sec.

BIOS default: After power drain is done, power on the u nit, but as soon as you power on the unit keep pressing the F2 key so that it take you to BIOS page. Press F9 and press Enter than press F10 and press Enter. the unit will restart

1.Upgrade your BIOS to latest version for the model used.
    2. Update drivers from Acer support the I/O and Intel chipset drivers with Win10 available drivers for your 32 or 64 bit version
    3. Update from Acer support the Touchpad drivers for Win 10 
    4. restart and enter BIOS
    5. Main -> Touchpad change setting from the "Advanced" to "Basic"
    6. Exit and save BIOS and PC will restart you will get touchpad ELAN recognized and asked for a new restart
    7. Restart and touchpad will be recognized, enabled and in system installed 
    8. If it still does not work hit "Fn" and "F7" to activate it and it will work.

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,745 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

Hi,

power drain: Just check the back of the unit, you can find a pin hole , unplug the charger and turn off the unit. now put a paper clip in the small pin hole and press and hold it for 30 sec.

BIOS default: After power drain is done, power on the u nit, but as soon as you power on the unit keep pressing the F2 key so that it take you to BIOS page. Press F9 and press Enter than press F10 and press Enter. the unit will restart

1.Upgrade your BIOS to latest version for the model used.
    2. Update drivers from Acer support the I/O and Intel chipset drivers with Win10 available drivers for your 32 or 64 bit version
    3. Update from Acer support the Touchpad drivers for Win 10 
    4. restart and enter BIOS
    5. Main -> Touchpad change setting from the "Advanced" to "Basic"
    6. Exit and save BIOS and PC will restart you will get touchpad ELAN recognized and asked for a new restart
    7. Restart and touchpad will be recognized, enabled and in system installed 
    8. If it still does not work hit "Fn" and "F7" to activate it and it will work.

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!