Strange battery behavior

OdlG
OdlG Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited March 22 in 2018 Archives
hi there,

i have a weird issue with my acer predator 15 g9-593: the battery is sometimes not recognised correctly and during tranportation the notebook turns off if I do not hold it right. it seems that the maintenance cover which i opended to add SSD and HDD is somehow connected to the problem. is there anything i missed when closing the maintenance cover? if i apply some pressure to it, the battery works fine and is being charged. in some positions though it seems that the cover does not apply enough pressure itself and then the battery is being recognised by windows but cant be charged or used.

i hope someone can give me advice on how to handle this. thanks in advance!

Comments

• White_angel
    White_angel Member Posts: 20 Networker
    I believe the the cover or the casing is not properly fixed.

Please check this link for disassembly and put it back together Click here

If it is under warrant please contact Acer support in your region and send it for repair 

!!Please hit like and accept the answer if it helps!!
  • OdlG
    OdlG Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

I found the button next to the RAM, which is pressed down by a properly closed maintenance lid. I tried to close it extra properly now so I hope that will fix the problem for the future :) Thanks for your help.
  • White_angel
    White_angel Member Posts: 20 Networker
    OdlG said:
    I found the button next to the RAM, which is pressed down by a properly closed maintenance lid. I tried to close it extra properly now so I hope that will fix the problem for the future :) Thanks for your help.
    Your are welcome! Thanks for sharing your results. Please accept the answer if it helped!