Are my photos safe due to acer portal discontinuing services?

Options
ClaireReign
ClaireReign Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello - I got the notifications that Acer Portal is being discontinued and it keeps mentioning photos etc.  I don't even know if I'm using Acer Portal for my photos.
I save all my photos to my C drive under 'Pictures' folder.  Those wont be affected by Acer Portal being discontinued at the end of this month, will it?  Forgive me for my lack of computer knowledge here, I just want to make sure this wont affect my C drive > pictures folder overall.  Thanks!

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    ClaireReign 
    Your local files and files stored on your cloud PC will all still be accessible, but you will no longer be able to use abApps to do so. You do not need to worry since your photos are stored in the "picture folder" on the local drive.
    You can find all information about on how this will affect you and your files, If you are not using the Acer portal application you mau go ahead and uninstall it. For uninstalling abApps, please refer to the following instructions in the weblink :  
    https://support.cloud.acer.com/ENG/Home/Index/4

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    ClaireReign 
    Your local files and files stored on your cloud PC will all still be accessible, but you will no longer be able to use abApps to do so. You do not need to worry since your photos are stored in the "picture folder" on the local drive.
    You can find all information about on how this will affect you and your files, If you are not using the Acer portal application you mau go ahead and uninstall it. For uninstalling abApps, please refer to the following instructions in the weblink :  
    https://support.cloud.acer.com/ENG/Home/Index/4

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!