Helios 300 won't recognize charger...

Trelos1337
Trelos1337 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Have had my laptop for roughly a week, not had any issues with it, then all of the sudden today it will not recognize my charging cord.  Plugged into wall, wall has power.  Plugged into laptop, charging LED does not light up and the laptop obviously doesn't charge...

Answers

• Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    edited September 2018
    Couple things you can try.

Power off your laptop and unplug power.
    Press and hold the battery reset pinhole on the botton of your laptop and hold it down for 40 solid seconds. (Now check charge)

If that doesn't work
    Right click start button > device manager > navigate to battery drop down > uninstall "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" > immediately reboot. (Now check again)
    - Hotel Hero
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Have had my laptop for roughly a week, not had any issues with it, then all of the sudden today it will not recognize my charging cord.  Plugged into wall, wall has power.  Plugged into laptop, charging LED does not light up and the laptop obviously doesn't charge...
    Out of curiosity, how did you determine the charger isn't faulty? Just wondering...
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045