Disposing Hard Drives

EdwardPinkard
EdwardPinkard Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited September 2018 in Members Lounge
Hi, I'm from Toronto. Since I'm a vlogger and photographer, over the years I have accumulated many hard drives. I have like more than ten hard drives in my house. But with SSD's which will give super blazing speed hard drives are useless. You know how annoying it is to use hard drives these days. Hence Now I want to dispose those hard drives. I mean you can't just throw it away. Because E-waste is really dangerous. Everyone should dispose it properly. And the best way to dispose em is by hiring.  So I would suggest everyone to do the same. If anyone have any better options please share it.

Comments

• White_angel
    White_angel Member Posts: 20 Networker
    Hi, I'm from Toronto. Since I'm a vlogger and photographer, over the years I have accumulated many hard drives. I have like more than ten hard drives in my house. But with SSD's which will give super blazing speed hard drives are useless. You know how annoying it is to use hard drives these days. Hence Now I want to dispose those hard drives. I mean you can't just throw it away. Because E-waste is really dangerous. Everyone should dispose it properly. And the best way to dispose em is by hiring a good electronic waste removal service. So I would suggest everyone to do the same. If anyone have any better options please share it.
    You are absolutely correct, Electronic waste could be dangerous Acer do have recycling program. Please check the below link for state wise recycling program.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/recycling-pc 

!!Please hit like and Accept the answer if you love it!!

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,735 Pathfinder
    Hi,

Since you in CANADA check the link for recycling 
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/CA/content/recycling-pc
    But make sure you erase the data before you send it for recycle.
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • EdwardPinkard
    EdwardPinkard Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Thank you so much  :):)@Jack22 @White_angel
  • sageseller007
    sageseller007 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi, I'm from Toronto. Since I'm a vlogger and photographer, over the years I have accumulated many hard drives. I have like more than ten hard drives in my house. But with SSD's which will give super blazing speed hard drives are useless. You know how annoying it is to use hard drives these days. Hence Now I want to dispose those hard drives. I mean you can't just throw it away. Because E-waste is really dangerous. Everyone should dispose it properly. And the best way to dispose em is by hiring property cleanouts service by ma junk.  So I would suggest everyone to do the same. If anyone have any better options please share it.
    Well, you are absolutely right. I am totally agree with you.
  • Callistemon
    Callistemon Member Posts: 106 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Hi, I'm from Toronto. Since I'm a vlogger and photographer, over the years I have accumulated many hard drives. I have like more than ten hard drives in my house. But with SSD's which will give super blazing speed hard drives are useless. You know how annoying it is to use hard drives these days. Hence Now I want to dispose those hard drives. I mean you can't just throw it away. Because E-waste is really dangerous. Everyone should dispose it properly. And the best way to dispose em is by hiring.  So I would suggest everyone to do the same. If anyone have any better options please share it.
    Are these disks defective, or can they be wiped and sold?
  • eugene65
    eugene65 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have several old hard drives around and i use for old stuff.
    i use a kit similar to this from time to time. There are many different kits out there.
    SATA/PATA/IDE Drive to USB 2.0 Converter Cable for HDD with External Power | eBay