How to stop crackling/popping on earbuds

Ryanm2295
Ryanm2295 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Recieved a Predator PH517-51 (helios 500) yesterday, and when I watch videos on Youtube, Netflix, or other video sites I heard popping/crackling sounds on my earbuds (Bose). I switched from earbuds to headphones and tried my brother's headphones too but all had the same popping sounds. However, I can't hear the popping when I play video games (Overwatch/HotS). Does anyone know how to resolve this issue? I appreciate any help you can offer.

Answers

• Lanner_Falcon
    Lanner_Falcon Member Posts: 54 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Hi Ryan,
    If its only occurring on Videos which buffer try the following and let us know if it worked:
    First:
    1. In Windows Control Panel, click "Flash Player".
    2. In the menu which opens, click the "Advanced" tab.
    3. In the top menu where it says, "Browser data and settings", click the "Delete All" button.
    4. Close the menu and then go to a site where the problem usually occurs.
    If it doesnt work: then try atleast for youtube by the following steps

1. Visit http://www.youtube.com/html5 
     2. Go to the bottom of the page to disable YouTube using HTML5,

Hope, this works for you!!
  • Ryanm2295
    Ryanm2295 Member Posts: 2 New User
    There's no buffering in the video, it is only audio. There is popping/crackling in the audio when I use earbuds/headphones. Apologies if it's a technical term, just switched to PC and haven't really learned the ropes when it comes to jargon. Also, I cannot locate flash player under the windows control panel.
  • Lanner_Falcon
    Lanner_Falcon Member Posts: 54 Devotee WiFi Icon

To access flash player settings in Control Panel

Step 1: Access Control Panel.

Step 2: Click Category on the top right, and choose Small icons in the list to view the items by small icons.

Step 3: Choose Flash Player (32-bit) to open Flash Player Settings Manager.

Also, check a Youtube video after disabling "HTML5"