Acer R240HY monitor keeps flashing colors (red,green,blue,white,black) in a pattern?

Options
devw
devw Member Posts: 1 New User
edited June 2023 in Monitors
Im not sure how it happened, but it started flashing between colors on startup. I can't turn off the monitor without unplugging it, and the small menu that opens just shows the serial number and the button being pressed.

Answers

• Lanner_Falcon
    Lanner_Falcon Member Posts: 54 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    Hi DevW, 

By referring to this thread, https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/481319/v226hql-cycling-through-colors-and-buttons-dont-function
    I would suggest you to check with Acer support if the device is still under warranty as this could be a hardware issue, or please check with a local technician. 

• Eric6466
    Eric6466 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I own a r240hy monitor and it's doing the same thing it changes through red, blue, green, white, black and I need help fixing it 
  • AmyS
    AmyS Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Did anyone find a resolution to this? Mine is doing the same thing.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,956 Trailblazer
    Options
    You have it in a self test mode... Try doing a power reset, unplug everything including the power then press and hold the power button for 60 seconds. That should reset the internal setting and bring it back up in the default state.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • SumRandom1331
    SumRandom1331 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I own a G235H monitor and I got it in some sort of test mode similar to what is happening with devw, but only the colour cycle of red, green, blue, white and black. No little box on the bottom-right.
    I was able to get it out of the test mode by unplugging it and plugging it back in, quickly holding down the power button until the power light is turned off and pressing the power button to turn the monitor on.

Please note that if you try this with your own monitor it is done in a quick succession and also might not work on your model.
This discussion has been closed.