SSD or M.2 on TC-885-EB11

Options
MM77
MM77 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 1 in 2018 Archives
I got a Aspire Desktop TC model TC-885-EB11 and I wonder if I can install a SSD or M.2 SSD on it.  I would like to install the O.S. on the SSD if possible.

Best Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,750 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Yes , you can install SSD and HDD as well. also you can install O.S. on the SSD
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Jack22
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi@MM77
    You need to buy the cadet kit which is available. which has the bracket ,screw and may be the cable as well.

Answers

• Jack22
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Yes , you can install SSD and HDD as well. also you can install O.S. on the SSD
  • MM77
    MM77 Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options
    Do you know if I need to by data and/or power cables for the SSD or they are already there?  txs
  • Jack22
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi@MM77
    You need to buy the cadet kit which is available. which has the bracket ,screw and may be the cable as well.
  • simon458741
    simon458741 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi ! can i put optane memory on this pc ?
  • Jeymar
    Jeymar Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    I installed a 1To SSD using the already available cable. You can install under the supporting plate for the HDD. There are four holes available in the right measure for an SSD. I used Macrium to transfer the OS to the SSD and I am now looking for the possibility to add an M.2 Optane SSD to have the RAId function. I'm wondering if there are PCI cards available to obtain this result. If I find something, I'll post it here.
  • Jeymar
    Jeymar Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    That was quick. Unfortunately, although it exists, I can't install the PCI card available, because my desktop only has 3 SATA socket and one is needed for the Optane memory, but the three are occupied by my SSD and HDD drive and the other by the Slim Optical drive. If you're looking to install, be sure you have a SATA socket available. The cost for the PCI card is under $15 CND. Good luck.
  • Hamonstage
    Hamonstage Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    i decided to disable  my cd rom drive and install the ssd with that sata cable and and use the pci slot for optane memory and for go the video card upgradw
  • Ozzy334
    Ozzy334 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Please help I have gotten aced tc 855 eb11. I wanted to install the Samsung 860 Evo. I cloned my hard drive to the ssd but I can’t boot from it it doesn’t show on my bois. All your help is appreciated.

Thanks
    uzair 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    That usually means you cloning software changed the boot partition sizes. If you boot on install media and use the troubleshooting to run a command prompt you can use diskpart to see what sizes it gave you.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Ozzy334
    Ozzy334 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi billsey,

Should the ssd at least show up in bios? I will try to boot the install media and try to do a fresh install.

Thanks,
    uzair
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    No, the SSD isn't on the SATA bus, and the SATA bus is what's polled for devices in the BIOS. There should be a display of the NVMe status in the advanced section of the BIOS.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.