Significant Loss of Performance / Frames and Significant Screen Tearing / Stuttering

Wintermute101
Wintermute101 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Not sure of the cause yet, but it seems like my Helios 500 recently had a significant loss of performance and frames almost like the G-SYNC is no longer working. Two months ago, everything ran silky smooth but tended to heat up quickly 75-90 C during gaming (partially because of the summer heat). Typically played world of warcraft and the ulta-silky smooth frames (by g-sync) was incredible. Now, the exact same games/OS/VR feel like it stutters significantly, even while plugged in, and the fan almost never runs. So while I'm never overheating, there's a significant drop in performance. In VR, its very apparent when turning your head (the stuttering effect) to the point its no longer usable, when before it was hot but ran nice and smooth. Could be something with the fan, but also feels like something might be fighting with the G-Sync? Suggestions?? Thanks gents

HELIOS 500
CPU: I-7
GPU: 1070
16GB
SSD: 256GB
Windows 10 build 17134

Answers

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    edited August 2018
    @Wintermute101

Try bumping the clearance below to about an inch using felt pads under feet. Get a USB fan to help cool the air below and near the areas to the north of Fn keys. These should help with your summer heat.

Also you could try limiting FPS to the max Hz of your screen.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045