Nitro AN515-51 powerlimit throttles on battery

Djslim69x
Djslim69x Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
My Nitro AN515-51 powerlimit throttles when GPU is in use and I'm on battery, but doesn't when Ac connected 

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Djslim69x 

Windows 10 v1709 introduces a new power-saving technology called Power Throttling. A unique feature of this technology is that while still giving users access to powerful multitasking capabilities, it improves battery life by running background work in a power-efficient manner. If you do not find it useful, you can disable it.

To check which apps and processes are power-throttled, you will have to open the Task Manager, select the Details tab, right-click on it and click on Select columns. Here select Power Throttling to display the column, where you will be able to see the details.

>>>Enable/Disable Power Throttling
    To disable Power Throttling in Windows 10 you will be required to change the active power plan from Balanced to High Performance. You can do this via the ‘Battery Indicator’ visible on the taskbar.
    When you click the icon, it displays a slider with the selected power mode. It includes four positions, as shown in the image below when you move from left to right:
    Battery saver, Better Battery (Recommended), Better performance, Best performance
    To disable Power Throttling, simply move the slider to the right to enable the Best Performance power plan. This will disable Power Throttling but it will increase the power consumption significantly as power saving functions are disabled as well in that mode.

>>>Enable Power Throttling for Background Apps
    You have complete control over your Windows 10 apps. As such, you can decide which apps should be throttled. You can choose to stop Windows 10 from managing the CPU resources for a these apps. To do this, open Settings > System and select Battery option.
    Next, choose Battery Usage by App from the left panel and locate the app you want to exclude from Power Throttling, and uncheck the option “Let Windows decide when this app can run in the background”. Once you disable the option, a new checkbox will appear, “Allow the app to run background tasks“. Check this option to allow the app to run in the background.

With Power Throttling, when background work is running, Windows 10 places the CPU in its most energy efficient operating mode and gets the work done in the best way using minimal battery usage. Hope you find the feature working well for you.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Djslim69x
    I do not see that option in task manager; i have windows 10 enterprise  and updated to windows 10 version 1803
  • Djslim69x
    i found the column in task manager, the column was hidden apparently; going to check if this rectifies the problem
  • Djslim69x
    No it didn't work :/