ICC Max settings?

Confused2080
Confused2080 Member Posts: 11 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

Hello,

While dropping my core voltage offset to -0.115v, I noticed that the next setting down is:

Processor Core IccMax

The ICCMAX is set at 128.000A,  I do not remember if this was the original setting, and how do I determine if this is a default, too high or safe? I do not remember adjusting this myself.

Thanks for reading.

Answers

• Lanner_Falcon
    Lanner_Falcon Member Posts: 54 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited September 2018
    Hi, 

Please check the following datasheet from intel to check with which would be right level to set in ICC settings and do inform if this helped you. 

Link:
    https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/core/7th-gen-core-family-desktop-s-processor-lines-datasheet-vol-1.html

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,849 Trailblazer
    >>>While dropping my core voltage offset to -0.115v>>>

What problem did you have that you thought this undervolt with fix? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Confused2080
    edited September 2018
    Lanner_Falcon,

Thanks for that info.  I did ask this question over on the intel forum, and, the suggestion was to go into bios and load defaults. Also, ask here.

JackE,

I've read that the Nitro 5 has heating issues, and that one way to give the system some lower temps was undervolting. To my eye, the cooling system on the VX-15 looks better.  I am still looking at Fujipoly thermal pads and repasting with MX4 or Kryonaut.

But, again, I have no idea about the ICCMAX.  I've now found 2 videos on youtube with different intel I5/I7 processors, but the ICCMAX #'s were lower.

Thanks.

• JackE
    edited September 2018
    If system stays below about 95°under an agressive gaming load, I probably wouldn't try to mess with it Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Confused2080
    edited September 2018
    Thanks JackE,

Well, I'm still confused/wondering about the ICCMAX thing.  I did look at the PDF link as pasted by Lanner, and well, I could not find an answer there.

So I guess that I could always go into Bios and restore defaults, see what thay changes. hmm.

Thanks for reading.

• JackE
    Restoring BIOS defaults shouldn't be risky. Try it to see what happens. I'm guessing nothing but let us know if I guessed wrong. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• sprucegoose
    sprucegoose Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi, 

Please check the following datasheet from intel to check with which would be right level to set in ICC settings and do inform if this helped you. 

Link:
    https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/core/7th-gen-core-family-desktop-s-processor-lines-datasheet-vol-1.html

So basically you assume that the guy (and everyone with the issue) is a computer engineer cause otherwhise you wouldnt just throw that 126 pages file and expect everyone to be perfectly able to locate the extremely unintelligible intel tables...