Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti not Working Properly in Nitro AN515-52

Options
Asterix_Knut
Asterix_Knut Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Model name: Nitro AN515-52
Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit

I've had this problem since I got the computer a few weeks ago. For some reason I'm having trouble with the Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti on certain games. Fortnite runs well, but both Minecraft and The Binding of Isaac won't run. Either the screen is black, or the game freezes at the first frame. The sound is still going when this happens. I only get the "this program is not responding" message once i start clicking with my mouse. I've tried upgrading my drivers, but that didn't work. I also tried a couple of older drivers for the GPU, but that won't work either. I uninstalled and reinstalled Minecraft several times, but after I while I got tired of it and simply deleted it.

After doing some testing, I found out that The Binding of Isaac runs when I use the integrated graphics, so the problem definitely has something to to with the dedicated graphics card. I also ran a windows memory diagnostic. This fixed the problem until I turned the laptop off. Once I turned it back on again the problem returned. I find it strange that the GPU won't work on some games, but work on others. Could this have something to do with the games themselves, and not the GPU or memory? If so, how does resetting the memory fix it until the laptop is turned off again?

Answers

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    Hi, 
    check if the resolution is in it max. and check the refresh rate of the unit. 
    1. Right-click the windows desktop, and then click Personalize.
    2. Click Display.
    3. Click Change display settings.
    4. Click Advanced settings.
    5. Click the Monitor tab and change Screen refresh rate to max Hertz.
    6. Click Ok.
    7. Return to Advanced settings.
    8. Image result for how to change the refresh rate on windows 10
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • Asterix_Knut
    Asterix_Knut Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    @christy1 Sorry, but it didn't fix it. My resolution was already set to max, the same for the refresh rate :/
  • jorden
    jorden Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    i have a problem with this model problem is that I do not run the games well by removing the charger and wonder is there any way to fix it?