Warranty transfer from USA to India

wrecKING
wrecKING Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
My relatives who live in USA are willing to gift me  predator Helios 500, I live in India, so wanted to know whether I can transfer warranty from USA to India ?

Answers

• Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Unfortunately I do not believe this is possible as warranty is upheld with a valid reciept of purchase in the country it originated.

Perhaps someone else could chime in as to whether the international warranty would be covered (though stipulations would apply).
    - Hotel Hero
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    wrecKING said:
    My relatives who live in USA are willing to gift me  predator Helios 500, I live in India, so wanted to know whether I can transfer warranty from USA to India ?
    It doesn't work this way. Items are sold in markets/regions with the needed taxes and customs paid in those countries, along with policies, etc tailored to those countries. So shifting warranties across regions is pretty much a non-doable case.

What you could try finding out is if you could "buy" additional warranty in the region you are in, though even this seems a case with remote chance of success.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045