Looking for Fan Status monitor Widget

Heyhogan
Heyhogan Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 22 in 2018 Archives
Hello!  I have a R3-471 laptop that is acting up.   It is shutting down randomly (sometimes right away, sometimes after a few minutes).  I want to monitor the fan speed to see if the the fan is running since it is so quiet.  HWInfo shows temp  (38 degrees C) but not fan RPM or status.  Speedfan did not appear to detect the fan.  I am wondering if the Windows 10 updates did something to the machine since it started this odd behavior after the last update.  My next ideas is to rebuild PC with Win 8 which is what this machine shipped with.  I did open the unit and clean the fan and did see that it would spin when the PC was turned on, but it goes off after a short time.  

Comments

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    The fan suppose to stop after cooling the laptop, random shutdown may be due to something else, have you checked the battery reset switch is not stuck? it's fragile, so take care not to break it, it should be around the area marked.

• White_angel
    White_angel Member Posts: 20 Networker
    edited August 2018
    Heyhogan said:
    Hello!  I have a R3-471 laptop that is acting up.   It is shutting down randomly (sometimes right away, sometimes after a few minutes).  I want to monitor the fan speed to see if the the fan is running since it is so quiet.  HWInfo shows temp  (38 degrees C) but not fan RPM or status.  Speedfan did not appear to detect the fan.  I am wondering if the Windows 10 updates did something to the machine since it started this odd behavior after the last update.  My next ideas is to rebuild PC with Win 8 which is what this machine shipped with.  I did open the unit and clean the fan and did see that it would spin when the PC was turned on, but it goes off after a short time.  
    I personally use "RealTemp 3.70" and it tells the temps for the CPU & GPU(Dedicated not integrated) and also has temp alarms you manually set for both.

Download link: https://www.techpowerup.com/realtemp/

And to make it visible and not having to start it up every time you just go into task scheduler and create a basic task and set it up through that and it will always be on your taskbar ready to go.