Predator G3-710; Sound Blaster X-Fi MB5 doesn't work

BrtakCZ
BrtakCZ Member Posts: 4 New User
edited February 15 in 2019 Archives
Hello, after a BIOS update to version R02-A2 the Sound Blaster X-Fi MB5 software has stopped working. When it's turned on a popup windows is shown and says "The current selected audio device is disabled, not present, not supported by the application, orhas unplugged jack connections". It has worked before.
How do I fix this problem?
Thanks
BrtakCZ

Comments

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Does Device Manager show any red or yellow warnings? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• BrtakCZ
    It doesn't.
  • Can you tell which version of the previous version was installed on your notebook? You can not upgrade from version R02.A1 to version R02.B1 for example!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,437 Trailblazer
    Try removing the device driver and then rebooting to force a reinstall.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • BrtakCZ
    Can you tell which version of the previous version was installed on your notebook? You can not upgrade from version R02.A1 to version R02.B1 for example!
    I have a desktop, I don't remember the previous version sadly.

billsey said:
    Try removing the device driver and then rebooting to force a reinstall.
    You mean the sound blaster driver? It's not even shown in the device manager.
  • In the cardboard box that came with the desktop, it shows the version of the bios that came installed from the factory!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,437 Trailblazer
    In Device Manager you can turn on hidden devices to see the ones that have drivers installed but don't seem to be installed right now. From there you can uninstall the drivers (use the option to remove files). Once they are gone a reboot will force a rescan of the hardware and if the SB is seen at all it'll install a new driver set for it.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • BrtakCZ
    billsey said:
    In Device Manager you can turn on hidden devices to see the ones that have drivers installed but don't seem to be installed right now. From there you can uninstall the drivers (use the option to remove files). Once they are gone a reboot will force a rescan of the hardware and if the SB is seen at all it'll install a new driver set for it.
    It's not there even with hidden devices turned on.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    >>>I have a desktop, I don't remember the previous [BIOS] version sadly.>>>

OK. We'll try to guess the BIOS version from the approximate date that you acquired this machine. Do you recall about when you got this machine? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ