I've installed Ubuntu and remove the Windows on my new Acer Swift 3. No bootable device !!!!

Carlos123
Carlos123 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Computer informations: Accer swift 3, intel I3, 4 MB memroy

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Hi @Carlos123
    Detailed steps I used to successfully install:
    Create a boot USB with the Ubuntu image file using Rufus as detailed here: https://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop/create-a-usb-stick-on-windows
    Insert USB in the USB port, Reboot the computer and access the BIOS with F2, Use arrow keys to navigate to BOOT screen
    Select Secure Boot and change value to disable, On the Boot priority order move USB-HDD to the top
    F10 to save and exit, Proceed with the installation type of choice.

After the installation has completed, and is prompting you to restart:
    Remove the USB drive, (on reboot) Access the BIOS again with F2, On the BIOS page Select an UEFI file as trusted for executing
    Navigate to: HDD0 > EFI > 'ubuntu' and select SHIMX64.EFI (Enter shimx64 as name)
    Navigate to the BOOT tab: Select Secure boot, change value to Enabled. F10 to save and exit.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Anishq
    Anishq Member Posts: 35 Troubleshooter
    Bootable USB is not showing, is it anything special to do in Rufus?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited September 2018
    Go to the cmd as administrator and convert the pendrive to gpt with the following commands: diskpart, list disk, sel disk x (x is the number of pendrive), clean, convert gpt, create partition primary, format fs=fat32 quick and assign
    Then download the iso x64 from ubuntu here: http://releases.ubuntu.com/18.04.1/ubuntu-18.04.1-desktop-amd64.iso?_ga=2.125962445.1701814262.1536078391-1534304840.1534091777
    Then go to the bios and create a password in setsupervisorpassword to disable the securebot and leave it in uefi mode!
    Here also shows how to install ubuntu using rufus in mbr! You can try my choice or this one!
    https://tutorials.ubuntu.com/tutorial/tutorial-create-a-usb-stick-on-windows?_ga=2.134760625.1701814262.1536078391-1534304840.1534091777
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)