Is there a tool to update BIOS ?

Options
MadBoxx
MadBoxx Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited February 15 in 2018 Archives
Is there a tool to update BIOS ?
and how do I know If i am Due for an update ?

many thanks

Best Answer

• MadBoxx

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi,
    There are no tools for updating BIOS, if you are confident enough, you can update it yourself, otherwise get help from a professional at a local repair shop.
    Please post your model name, you could also go to Acer support site, check whether you have new BIOS released for your model, download the correct BIOS for your model and install it.
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/drivers

Hello 
    thank you so much I think i can install them but it will be better with a tutorial
    maybe someone knows

Thanks

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,161 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    There are no tools for updating BIOS, if you are confident enough, you can update it yourself, otherwise get help from a professional at a local repair shop.
    Please post your model name, you could also go to Acer support site, check whether you have new BIOS released for your model, download the correct BIOS for your model and install it.

• MadBoxx

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi,

Hello 
    thank you so much I think i can install them but it will be better with a tutorial
    maybe someone knows

Thanks

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,161 Trailblazer
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Hi,
    Your current BIOS version is R02-A3 but it doesn't show up in Acer support site, so I am not sure whether this is a modified BIOS or not, you have to be careful when updating BIOS, that's the main reason I have mentioned not to update and leave it alone in one of my replies. 
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/6373?b=1
    If you still insist, please follow the steps:
    1.Download the latest BIOS to Desktop and extract it in Desktop.
    2. Close all open Apps, Programs and web sites.
    3. Disconnect any peripherals like USB drives, headphones, Printers etc.
    4. Make sure that there won't be any power outage or any interruptions, choose a time when others are not using any PC/Laptops in your household.
    5. Uninstall any third party AV programs if you have installed(others may disagree with me but I would do this).
    6. Open the extracted folder, right click .exe file and choose "Run as administrator", follow the screen prompts.
    7. Once the process  begins, do not switch off the PC or touch any buttons, wait for the process to complete and reboot to Windows.
  • MadBoxx

Tinkerer

Options
    SO  dO i LOOK GOOD
    AM i UPDATED ??

THANK YOU 
  • MadBoxx

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi,
    Your current BIOS version is R02-A3 but it doesn't show up in Acer support site, so I am not sure whether this is a modified BIOS or not, you have to be careful when updating BIOS, that's the main reason I have mentioned not to update and leave it alone in one of my replies. 
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/6373?b=1
    If you still insist, please follow the steps:
    1.Download the latest BIOS to Desktop and extract it in Desktop.
    2. Close all open Apps, Programs and web sites.
    3. Disconnect any peripherals like USB drives, headphones, Printers etc.
    4. Make sure that there won't be any power outage or any interruptions, choose a time when others are not using any PC/Laptops in your household.
    5. Uninstall any third party AV programs if you have installed(others may disagree with me but I would do this).
    6. Open the extracted folder, right click .exe file and choose "Run as administrator", follow the screen prompts.
    7. Once the process  begins, do not switch off the PC or touch any buttons, wait for the process to complete and reboot to Windows.
    Great Info thank you so much
    But before i do that can u please look at the Picture 

if im updated then there is no Reason 

and Yes I have problem with my PC  i am Unable to boot from any USB  tried 8 so far PC will not recognize them 
  • MadBoxx

Tinkerer

Options
    So I downloaded the New Bios 
    But CMD command not working please look

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Do you want to install windows 10 x64bits in uefi mode? It is?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Colleague @brummyfan2 told me that you can not boot the pendrive! I'll send you a file of how to install windows in uefi mode and then tell me if it worked! For now do not try a bios update!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MadBoxx

Tinkerer

Options
    OK many thanks once I get back home I'll do it
    Many thanks for helping out