Can i use these ram?

DainiusKon
DainiusKon Member Posts: 6 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello. I got Acer Nitro 5 laptop, i think its not on sales anymore. i5-7300hq, 1050ti, 8gb ram no ssd.
I am thinking about upgrading my ram to 16gb, and would like to know. Would i be able to use(or can i use) these ram in my laptop.  Crucial CT8G4SFS824A 8 GB - 2400 sodimm

My laptops model is Nitro AN515-51

Comments

• DainiusKon
    bump. please someone help
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer
    To be absolutely sure you should download & run the crucial scanner tool. If the crucial tool lists that module as being compatible, crucial guarantees it will work. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Yes, you can use it but make sure that it matches the speed of the RAM already installed in your laptop, you can find out the speed of your memory by installing CPU-z and check in the Memory tab. If you have a module with 2133MHz installed in your laptop, try to get a RAM module with the same speed.
    https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

• DainiusKon
    Hi,
    Yes, you can use it but make sure that it matches the speed of the RAM already installed in your laptop, you can find out the speed of your memory by installing CPU-z and check in the Memory tab. If you have a module with 2133MHz installed in your laptop, try to get a RAM module with the same speed.
    https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

Downloaded that, and this is what i see in those tabs. I dont really understand, many different numbers with MHz at the end, but does this say that max mhz speed for these ram is 1200..?
  • Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    DainiusKon

Below is the complete System Memory Specification for your laptop:-

Memory controller:  Intel Kabylake-H
    DIMM socket number:  2
    Supports memory size per socket:  2GB/4GB/8GB/16GB
    Supports maximum memory size Total:  32GB
    Supports DIMM type: SODIMM
    Supports DIMM Speed:  DDR4 2133/2400
    Support DIMM voltage: 1.2V
    Supports DIMM package: 260-pin DDR4 SODIMM

When checking with system requirements, you can use the Crucial 8GB DDR4-2400 SODIMM CT8G4SFS824A. However, there is no tested results with this RAM. 

As 
    JackE referred, I also recommend you using the Crucial® System Scanner . It is a downloadable tool that makes finding compatibility memory effortless. This tool analyzes your PC’s configuration and automatically recommends a list of compatible upgrades in a matter of seconds. 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• DainiusKon
    Balatekie said:
    DainiusKon

Below is the complete System Memory Specification for your laptop:-

Memory controller:  Intel Kabylake-H
    DIMM socket number:  2
    Supports memory size per socket:  2GB/4GB/8GB/16GB
    Supports maximum memory size Total:  32GB
    Supports DIMM type: SODIMM
    Supports DIMM Speed:  DDR4 2133/2400
    Support DIMM voltage: 1.2V
    Supports DIMM package: 260-pin DDR4 SODIMM

When checking with system requirements, you can use the Crucial 8GB DDR4-2400 SODIMM CT8G4SFS824A. However, there is no tested results with this RAM. 

As JackE referred, I also recommend you using the Crucial® System Scanner . It is a downloadable tool that makes finding compatibility memory effortless. This tool analyzes your PC’s configuration and automatically recommends a list of compatible upgrades in a matter of seconds. 
    Thanks for another answer, i ran the tool and i got this... https://imgur.com/7UhSzBJ
    Meanwhile checking their ram store, i see that they got rams similiar to my ram.. Not sure anymore what should i do..
  • DainiusKon
    Just realised why, they dont got my laptop model on their database. Most likely cause this laptop isnt being sold anymore.
  • abhishekkalra
    abhishekkalra Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Yes you can use this RAM
  • JackE
    @DainiusKon >>>Just realised why, they dont got my laptop model on their database. Most likely cause this laptop isnt being sold anymore. >>>

???? Yes, it's in their database. http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/Acer/nitro-5-an515-51  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• todduspto
    todduspto Member Posts: 1 New User
    The ideals are good, thank!

---------------------------------
    US Patent Attorney

• JackE
    Page doesn't load. If it's 1.2v it should be OK at 2.4GHz But check the vendor return policy just in case it isn't OK. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ