Core 2 Duo

Options
clintbarton728
clintbarton728 Member Posts: 26 Troubleshooter
edited March 1 in 2018 Archives
So I got a Core 2 Duo recommended by this community I put it in and my veriton m275 just makes a continuous beep no video or nothing it turns on and just beeps 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited August 2018
    Options
    What is the exact model of the processor? Does the problem persist when connecting the previous processor?
    Did you buy the highest capacity (8gb) ram memory, even telling you that the notebook would only support 4gb ram on another topic? Or just switched the processor?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • clintbarton728
    Options
    What is the exact model of the processor? Does the problem persist when connecting the previous processor?
    Did you buy the highest capacity (8gb) ram memory, even telling you that the notebook would only support 4gb ram on another topic? Or just switched the processor?
    Intel Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz 6M L2 Cache 1333MHz LGA775 Desktop Processor and no it doesn't I didn't get the ram and my pc isn't a notebook
  • Commodore_1995#
    edited August 2018
    Options
    This model is yes compatible with the computer! However this long beep indicates some compatibility problem with ram! How to test with a 2gb ddr3 memory with fsb 1333mhz?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • clintbarton728
    Options
    This model is yes compatible with the computer! However this long beep indicates some compatibility problem with ram! How to test with a 2gb ddr3 memory with fsb 1333mhz?

But I am using it right now with my factory cpu and the ram is fine 
  • Commodore_1995#
    edited August 2018
    Options
    What is the version of your bios? Check this by typing in cmd as administrator wmic bios get smbiosbiosversion! Do not download, for now, because there are several different versions on the site and not always the motherboard is the same as your computer!
    It may only work with fsb 1333mhz memory! Download the aida64 and make sure your motherboard supports 1333 mhz ddr3 memory in the chipset section! She's probably supportive and that's the problem!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• clintbarton728
    Options
    I tried using the core 2 duo with 2gb ram still didn't work
  • clintbarton728
    Options
    What is the version of your bios? Check this by typing in cmd as administrator wmic bios get smbiosbiosversion! Do not download, for now, because there are several different versions on the site and not always the motherboard is the same as your computer!
    It may only work with fsb 1333mhz memory! Download the aida64 and make sure your motherboard supports 1333 mhz ddr3 memory in the chipset section! She's probably supportive and that's the problem!

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you checked on aida64 if your motherboard supports 1333mhz ddr3 memory? Look this!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• clintbarton728
    Options
    Have you checked on aida64 if your motherboard supports 1333mhz ddr3 memory? Look this!
    where do I look
  • clintbarton728
    edited August 2018
    Options
    where do I look

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    On chipset!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• clintbarton728
    Options
    On chipset!

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    In this case you have to check only one bios update to make it compatible! However it is a risky process and it can condemn your motherboard! I do not take any responsibility for any damage!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• clintbarton728
    Options
    In this case you have to check only one bios update to make it compatible! However it is a risky process and it can condemn your motherboard! I do not take any responsibility for any damage!
    How do i do it
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    You can not upgrade as there are different motherboard versions for the same model!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• clintbarton728
    Options
    You can not upgrade as there are different motherboard versions for the same model!
    so I can't use my core 2 duo?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    You must first upgrade to version p01.a3 and then to version p01.a4! It is a risky procedure and I do not take any responsibility for any damage! Can not be upgraded to a4L version as it is only for linux and neither for p01.Bx or p01.Cx versions!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• clintbarton728
    Options
    You must first upgrade to version p01.a3 and then to version p01.a4! It is a risky procedure and I do not take any responsibility for any damage! Can not be upgraded to a4L version as it is only for linux and neither for p01.Bx or p01.Cx versions!
    Do you think I should take that chance?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Yes! In your case a bios update can solve the compatibility problem!
    Let me ask you something: did you put the thermal paste on top of the processor or only installed the processor and the cooler?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• clintbarton728
    Options
    Yes! In your case a bios update can solve the compatibility problem!
    Let me ask you something: did you put the thermal paste on top of the processor or only installed the processor and the cooler?
    yes