My A715-71G-53HF has a screen fault

Options
dpuc
dpuc Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello Acer Community,

I bought my laptop 8 months ago and have been overall pretty satisfied with the products ability to handle tasks. However, the left hinge on the laptop has been slowly getting worse despite my laptop having a pretty sedentary lifestyle - it doesn't move from the desk! It started within the first couple of months. At first it was creaky and then the panel started to split and will not snap back into place. It has opened enough now that if I leave it be when I open it I can see the metal hinge inside has snapped. It is now at the point where I know further use is going to lead to it just coming off completely. This is completely unsatisfactory build quality for what is a fairly pricey laptop. What answer can the Acer community provide to fix this growing issue? :-(

I look forwards to your replies

Daniel

Best Answer

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @dpuc

Generally Acer provides 1 year warranty for all the units. Since this is a hardware issue and your device is with in 1 year i would suggest you to contact Acer customer support and report this issue that way they can take care by repairing the device.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @dpuc

Generally Acer provides 1 year warranty for all the units. Since this is a hardware issue and your device is with in 1 year i would suggest you to contact Acer customer support and report this issue that way they can take care by repairing the device.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • dpuc
    dpuc Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Rudy21 said:
    Hi @dpuc

Thank you
  • sgilmour2001
    sgilmour2001 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have this issue as well and will try to get it fixed, I was just wondering if you found that the breaking led to poor performance for the pc, since around the same time my laptop has seriously slowed down and I haven't found a virus or any other related issue so I hope if I get the break fixed I might also speed it up.