No option to customize keyboard backlight timer on any Acer laptop?

Options
ExtraTechnical
ExtraTechnical Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I honestly feel like I made a huge mistake and I shouldn't have bought my NP515-51 Acer Spin 5. The keyboard backlight going off after 30 seconds is a HUGE annoyance for me and it is annoying enough that I regret spending money on this thing.

All the replies from mods/admins here indicate that Acer is "taking the feedback" but I've been browsing the forums since last 2 days and I have been seeing the same replies on posts that are older than 2 years!!!!!! How are users OK with this?

Does Acer have any plans to provide a feature pack tool like some other companies do? Why is it so hard to listen to customers and give them what they want?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Options
    Aside from detecting inactivity, some models have a photocell that detects ambient light conditions and controls KB backlighting. Does the backlight stay on in a darkened room particularly with the charger plugged in? Or is it the length of inactivity time that controls the backlight? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• EdNitro5
    EdNitro5 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Purchased Nitro5 10 days ago. I am having the same issue. Light turning off after 30 sec with NO option is crazy. Spent $1,000.00 on my Nitro.  No luck finding solution. Returning ACER and buying Dell..second choice at MicroCenter, they have a 15 day return policy THANK GOD!
  • JackE
    Options
    @EdNitro5 So you're saying that the light turned off even in a darkened room? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• YourReckoning
    YourReckoning Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    Good news guys. They finally fixed it. Atleast for my Nitro 5 they fixed it. Just go to https://www.acer.com/ac/en/IN/content/support type in your notebook model number and download the latest BIOS (V1.13 for me). After that, there should be an option called "Keyboard Backlight Timeout" in your BIOS settings which should be enabled by default. Disable it and save settings. And you should be good to go. Thank me later. 
  • JackE
    Options
    Thanks for the heads-up YourReckoning

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ