Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

About bios update in my acer nitro 5

mhasandxmhasandx Posts: 6Member

Tinkerer

hello. i see there is two bios(v1.15 and v1.19) update for my acer nitro 5. my current bios is v1.13.. do i have to flush every bios sequentially or just the v1.19 one?

Best Answer

• LarryDLarryD Posts: 24 Networker
    Accepted Answer
    You can go straight to the 1.19 version.

It's easy to do. Download, run the program. The laptop will reboot and run it's thing taking around 35 seconds to do so.

FAQ & Answers

• LarryDLarryD Posts: 24Member Networker
    Accepted Answer
    You can go straight to the 1.19 version.

It's easy to do. Download, run the program. The laptop will reboot and run it's thing taking around 35 seconds to do so.
  • JackEJackE Posts: 10,340ACE Trailblazer
    @mhasandx ; What problem are you having with v1.13 firmware that you think 1.15 or 1.19 update will fix? Jack E/NJ
  • egydiocoelhoegydiocoelho Posts: 5,998ACE Pathfinder
    edited August 18
    You can upgrade directly to version 1.19! However there is the risk of your notebook becoming a brick!
    I'm helping the @LarryD user who has this same version of bios and legacy mode is locked in version 1.19! Is your model an an515-52g? If it is, do not upgrade!
    Is version 1.13 legacy mode unlocked?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em promover!  
     :)
    For users of the English, Spanish and German community, I will be using google translator! :)
  • mhasandxmhasandx Posts: 6Member

Tinkerer

You can upgrade directly to version 1.19! However there is the risk of your notebook becoming a brick!
    I'm helping the @LarryD user who has this same version of bios and legacy mode is locked in version 1.19! Is your model an an515-52g? If it is, do not upgrade!
    Is version 1.13 legacy mode unlocked?
    yeah it is unloacked in v1.13
    Then you definitely do NOT want to try to downgrade to v1.19 especially if you're having no issues with v1.13. Just because it's called an update doesn't always mean it's an upgrade to something better. I'm not sure if @LarryD ; has same nitro model, but if he's tuned in he might want to try to upgrade from v1.19 to the earliest ACER version he can find for his nitro model or if he's really adventuresome the v1.13 that you apparently still have for your model.  Jack E/NJ

• LarryDLarryD Posts: 24Member Networker
    Yes I tried the acer bios installer / app with an earlier version but it won't allow a downgrade. There was a post stating how to over-rule the check but it was deleted. If anyone has the procedure to downgrade I would be grateful for a PM with info.
  • Does using the recovery crisis procedure serve to downgrade bios?
    For users of the English, Spanish and German community, I will be using google translator! :)
  • Dear @mhasandx! Is your model an an515-52g?
    @LarryD >>>There was a post stating how to over-rule the check but it was deleted. >>>

Better not get deleted or else.  :) Jack E/NJ

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/400696/#Comment_400696
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/551907#Comment_551907

• mhasandxmhasandx Posts: 6Member

Tinkerer

Dear @mhasandx! Is your model an an515-52g?
    no.. its AN515-51 7th gen one
  • nathandtynathandty Posts: 1Member New User
    Great update, thank a lot!

------------------------------------------
    Remanufactured Engines

• khenjoekhenjoe Posts: 1Member New User
    can i upgrade bios ? to 1.19 ? i often have hanging and  freezing issues ? i have the nitro 5 AN515-52 model.plss I need your help badly
  • These problems can be caused by windows or by some driver that is not working properly! You may also be experiencing disk problems by 100%! Check this in the task manager!
    You can even upgrade to bios version 1.19, but be aware that your notebook might turn out to be a brick!

@khenjoe >>>can i upgrade bios ? to 1.19 ? i often have hanging and  freezing issues ? i have the nitro 5 AN515-52 model.plss I need your help badly>>>

[1] Has this always been an issue? [2] Run msinfo32.exe. What BIOS version number does it say you have now? Jack E/NJ
  • Predatortech01Predatortech01 Posts: 3Member New User
    Bios Version 1.19 fixed the random shutdowns.