Manage the battery

Tóyal
Tóyal Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 2023 in 2018 Archives
Before I had a laptop to which I could remove the battery and so I could work always connected directly to the power, and when I had to move simply connect the battery.
This way the battery did not decrease its useful life too much. Now I have a laptop Acer switch 3 that the battery is inside, so I can not perform the old procedure. 
I want to know if it is possible to stop charging the battery while my new laptop is connected to the power. Thank you

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Check that you have the latest versions of application drivers installed for your machine which might give you some power management control over battery charging behavior. https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers   Jack E
    /NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Tóyal
    Tóyal Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hello JackE. 
    I already saw the latest versions of the drivers that you told me, but I would not know which one to download for the battery control. You recomend to download all of them?
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    There shouldn't be that many app drivers to try. Maybe one or two. What is your full model number so I can see what's available. SW3xx-xxx? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ