Laptop Battery

Options
36Neil9011
36Neil9011 Member Posts: 13 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi there,
Next year, I shall be going on a long flight ( 13hr ).I shall be taking my laptop with me, I will not be using it for the duration of the flight.My laptop is an ACER ASPIRE E14  E5 411-C3K3.My question is that would it be better to seperate the battery from the laptop or leave it attached.I have never had a laptop with me on my travels before, so that is why I ask.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Options
    Since it's easy to remove, take it out to avoid inadvertent startup during baggage handling. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    36Neil9011 
    As I understand it, lithium batteries are not permitted to be carried aboard if there is any possibility of the contacts being shorted out in transit (this can lead to excessive current draw, heat, and possibly fire or even explosion). If the battery is inside your laptop, it is considered protected against accidental short. If a battery is carried outside its device, then it must be housed in a suitable protective container, whether it is carried in hand luggage or checked luggage.
    It appears that some airlines do not permit lithium batteries in checked luggage at all. 
    So the best option is to leave the battery inside the laptop.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • emmawatsun
    emmawatsun Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    There is no harm to take your laptop for travelling while battery is attached to it. But its better to remove it as it minimizes the risk of heating and all. For further queries, contact to Lenovo Customer Service. Actually it is good that you asked, I never thought about it this way.
  • pcmatrixcenter
    pcmatrixcenter Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    yes you can do it with out any worry but check battery attached with your laptop or not.