very slow booting

Options
taslima
taslima Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi 
I have a acer VN7 791G. Recently, it was very slow while booting, it takes long time to get acer logo. I usually power on/of several times to get it started. That's why I usually shut the machine once in a week. Today,I tried to reboot it and now It stuck here for a very long time, acer logo is not appearing. I can here the sound of fan and it seems like the sound is in a loop. I was reading some previous threads of the same model which is saying somehow the BIOS was corrupted

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/418739/i-have-an-aspire-v17-nitro-vn7-791g-72my-very-slow-startup

Can anyone suggest me what to do?

Thanks in advance!

Best,
Taslima

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    taslima 
    Please try the below mentioned steps : 
    >>>Windows update:
    Open the "Settings" -> "Update & security" -> "Windows Update" and click "Check for updates". Install the update if it includes the fixes for bugs that caused Windows 10 slow boot.

>>>Stop programs loading at startup
    Press and hold Ctrl + Alt + Del keys simultaneously to invoke Task Manager.
    Then select the Startup tab and find out the unnecessary process with high startup impact and then hit Disable button.
    After that, switch to the Services tab and click Open services. Select all unnecessary Microsoft services you want to disable and click on Stop.

>>>Disable Fast Startup 
    It works in a similar manner as Hibernation. But in fact, as many users reported, it’s been causing issues.
    Type power option in the search box from Start, then click Power & Sleep settings. Click Choose what the power button does.
    Click Change settings that are currently unavailable. Untick Turn on fast startup (recommended). Then Click Save Changes.
    Reboot your Windows 10 and check to see if it boots quickly.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!