A500 Update

KaosMoon
KaosMoon Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 4 in 2018 Archives
Hello All,
I am hoping someone can assist me since tech support sent me to this forum as they could not help. I have the Acer Iconia A500 tablet that has not been updated in about 5 years. Nothing works on it anymore as it is so far behind in updates. However, I can not update anything without the software update first which is no longer available through Acer.
I am currently running Android Version 4.0.3 Kernel Version 2.6.39.4+
When I go to update through the settings it gives me the "Network Coverage" error. Even Acer's forum will not load on the tablet saying that the web page is unavailable and a network error occurred. 
I have done a bit of research on here and it seems like I need to download some files and see which one works on it. However I am not familiar with how to do this once the file has been downloaded nor can I figure out which one to use. Can anyone assist with this?

Answers

• Inform the tablet partnumber and operating system version!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    The 'error' about network coverage is just due to those servers no longer being on line. No problem on your end they just have that message set to display whenever they can't contact a server. The 4.0.3 version is the latest version released for the A500, so no upgrades. There might be third party images available out there on the web, but we're not allowed to talk about that subject here...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.