Acer Aspire V Nitro Black Edition Battery Issue

lolkatiekat
lolkatiekat Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
So this has just started happening in the past 3 days. When my laptop is plugged in, it works perfectly fine. However, when I unplug it, within minutes it'll shut down (like when the battery dies). The task bar says that the battery is charged to 100% when I unplug it, then when I plug it back in and turn it back on, it still says that the battery is at 100%. I'm wondering if anybody else that has had this problem has changed the battery and the issue has been resolved. I'm a college student, so I can't fork out the money to send it back to Acer. 

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    lolkatiekat 
    >>Try to perform a simple power reset and check the issue. Shutdown the laptop. Disconnect the charger. Please check for a battery reset PIN hole at the bottom of the device.The reset hole would have a battery symbol next to it. Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds. Let the computer sit for 5 minutes with no power. Reconnect the charger and power On the laptop.

>>Please open device manager click “Battery” and under Battery, please click “Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery”. Now, do a right click on it, then click “Uninstall”. Confirm that you would like to uninstall the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery. After the uninstallation process, please restart your computer. As soon as you restart your computer, the Windows will automatically install the driver again. Please check your battery icon on the right bottom side of your Windows screen to see if it is charging and check the issue

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Joshz11
    Joshz11 Member Posts: 1 New User
    So this has just started happening in the past 3 days. When my laptop is plugged in, it works perfectly fine. However, when I unplug it, within minutes it'll shut down (like when the battery dies). The task bar says that the battery is charged to 100% when I unplug it, then when I plug it back in and turn it back on, it still says that the battery is at 100%. I'm wondering if anybody else that has had this problem has changed the battery and the issue has been resolved. I'm a college student, so I can't fork out the money to send it back to Acer. 
    Bringing back this old forum because I have had this problem EXACTLY since 2018 also. Acer gave me the run around and my warranty obviously has since expired. Battery resets only work at best for a day then the issue reoccurs. What is the cause of this?
  • lolkatiekat
    lolkatiekat Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited April 2020
    Joshz11 said:
    Bringing back this old forum because I have had this problem EXACTLY since 2018 also. Acer gave me the run around and my warranty obviously has since expired. Battery resets only work at best for a day then the issue reoccurs. What is the cause of this?
    It actually ended up being that a connection had gone bad in the battery. I had to take it to a repair shop, but they couldn't find a replacement battery anywhere. I ended up commenting on one of Acer's ads that popped up on my Facebook feed about everything that had gone wrong with this laptop and they ended up sending me one for free.

If you can, take it to a local shop for repairs. We ended up discovering that Acer had tossed my hdd cover the second time they had to replace it. Acer refused to sell or just give me another without sending it back to them, so the shop just ended up using a special tape to hold it in place.