Acer V Nitro Black Edition - CoolBoost & Dustdefender dissapeared

IslamIsCancer
IslamIsCancer Member Posts: 6 New User
edited October 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello,

I have a Acer Aspire VN7-792G-79TP and the options CoolBoost / DustDefender / USB charge have disappeared from Acer Quick Access. How can I trouble shoot this?   

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    IslamIsCancer 
    Please try to download and install the Acer quick access application Download

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • IslamIsCancer
    edited August 2018
    Look lets quit the XX now eh. Everyone here commenting about this exact same problem already re-installed the application. So did I. XXXXXXXX with it and how do I fix it. And why are you admins refusing to answer about this problem? I read multiple threads so please answer me properly or send someone with the correct knowledge. 

[Post edited to remove inappropriate content -Acer-Manny]

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    edited August 2018
    Look lets quit the XX now eh. Everyone here commenting about this exact same problem already re-installed the application. So did I. XXXXXXXXX with it and how do I fix it. And why are you admins refusing to answer about this problem? I read multiple threads so please answer me properly or send someone with the correct knowledge. 

[Post edited to remove inappropriate content -Acer-Manny]

Hi, 
    I can feel your frustration. I personally faced this Quick Access issue and I fixed it by myself. I would like to share the steps that I followed. 

1. You need to uninstall the Quick Access program from your computer. You can do that by going in to Start > Control 

Panel > Programs and Features > Quick Access Program, then right click and uninstall.

2. After uninstalling the program, please reboot your computer. 

3. After rebooting unit, please visit the below website and install the software. 

It is a Microsoft software, which will help you in completely removing the "Acer Quick Service" program services running in unit. 

Unzip the file, rigth click Autoruns64.exe if your OS is a 64 bit version or Autoruns.exe if it's 32 bit, and select to 

run it as Administrator, click on Services tab and right click Acer quick access and choose delete.

4. Once Quick Access is completely removed, please download and install a free copy of Acer Quick Access application by clicking here

:) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• IslamIsCancer
    The application does not show up in Autoruns. The only option I'm left with is re-installing the Quick Acces application. And nothing changed. I'm only left with the Blue Lighd Shield option. The other 3 options (CoolBoost / DustDefender / USB charge) arren there. 
  • IslamIsCancer
    WHERE ARE THE ACER ADMINS???????????????????????????????
  • Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    @IslamIsCancer
    This thread has already been escalated to the concerned Acer team. Kindly wait for them to take a look at this thread and respond.
    You can also directly send a private message to Acer-Manny  
    https://community.acer.com/en/messages/add/Acer-Manny 

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • IslamIsCancer
    Thank god finally... What you mean escalated? 
  • IslamIsCancer
    Wereeee threeee daaaayyys lateerrrr and nothing haappeppeennenenenedddddd........................................................................................... Where is Acer custommer service bc I am getting really agitated nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Wereeee threeee daaaayyys lateerrrr and nothing haappeppeennenenenedddddd........................................................................................... Where is Acer custommer service bc I am getting really agitated nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Hi  IslamIsCancer,

First i want to apologies for the delay response, i am very sorry to hear that you are having issues with the Acer Quick Access application. Secondly i want to clarify that the Acer community (Forum Discussions), were designed as a peer to peer support community where Acer users help other Acer users with their questions or troubleshooting inquiries. This community is not a direct portal to Customer service, Moderators may read the various topics posted here and you will notice that Acer moderators may interact with members when appropriate. (case by case basis).

Primarily the community is a place where members can exchange their own advice, ideas, articles with knowledge and troubleshooting techniques etc. it is not design  for  direct customer support consultations, case status, complaints, parts requests/orders or sponsorship/donations request, if you need intimidate assistance please use the following appropriate channels/sources for your particular request:

Support: https://www.acer.com/ac/nl/NL/content/service-contact
    Chat/Email: 
    https://nl.answers.acer.com/app/chat/chat_launch/#_ga=2.164888895.1461806610.1534525513-1045363774.1531752932

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny