Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

IN asus predator helios 300 after installing ubuntu 17.10 , touchpad not working ?

SSR123456789SSR123456789 Posts: 1Member Newbie
what is the solution for this ?

FAQ & Answers

• sri369sri369 Posts: 1,786ACE Pathfinder
    edited August 2018
    That is because your bios is set to touchpad --> advanced and this mode is recognized only in Windows 10.

Go to bios, and change touchpad to Basic. And then installed necessary drivers in the non windows 10 OS to activate advanced functions.

See my post for doing this on Windows 7. You would need to do something similar on whatever OS you are installing.
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/549192/solution-enabling-touchpad-advanced-features-on-non-windows-10-os-on-g3-572

Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    I am not an Acer employee.
    Your issue could get better coverage and more answers if posted in forums than in a message to me.

---------
    User benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/10977437

• nihal111nihal111 Posts: 1Member New User
    The following solution worked for me on my Acer Predator Helios 300 running Ubuntu 18.04 (5.0.0-36-generic) when all else did not-

**Check if the solution works** 
    Try running the following command after waking up from suspend when your trackpad is not working- `/sbin/rmmod i2c_hid && /sbin/modprobe i2c_hid`. 
    If this makes your trackpad work, follow the below steps to create an automatic solution that runs this everytime you wake up from suspend.

**Permanent Solution** 
     1. Create `/lib/systemd/system-sleep/touchpad` 
     2. Open the above file and edit it, `sudo vi /lib/systemd/system-sleep/touchpad` 
     3. Save the following content in the file- 

```
    #!/bin/sh

case $1 in
      post)
        /sbin/rmmod i2c_hid && /sbin/modprobe i2c_hid
      ;;
    esac
    ```

4. Make it executable- `chmod +x /lib/systemd/system-sleep/touchpad`

This basically restarts the i2c_hid device upon waking up from suspend.

Courtesy: https://unix.stackexchange.com/a/526488/283735