Broken laptop network adapter

Daryl02
Daryl02 Member Posts: 23 Troubleshooter
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
Ok so I was using my laptop for a few minutes then I put it to sleep. But after switching it on, I noticed that my internet connection is labeled as "Unidentified Network: No Internet Access". So I tried uninstalling the network adapter and re installing it again but it didn't help. I tried to restart the laptop but it didn't work either. So I used a USB Wireless LAN Adapter from our TV. I used it and it works normally and I can use the internet through this adapter. But why can't I use my laptop's wireless network adapter? Does the driver needs to be changed? Do I need to reset my computer? How can I fix this permanently so I can use the laptop without the USB LAN Adapter and when I put the laptop to sleep and turn it on again it won't lose connection anymore? Here is the picture of the problem.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Daryl02 
    What is the full model number of your laptop?

The problem starts when the computer goes into sleep/standby mode, a few components of the PC including the network controller (or adapter) are turned off. The issue occurs when the PC wakes up and power to everything is restored and the network controller doesn’t come on.
    Please try the following steps : 
    >>> Try to perform a simple power reset and check the issue.  Shutdown the laptop. Disconnect the charger. Disconnect the external display. Please check for a battery reset PIN hole at the bottom of the device.The reset hole would have a battery symbol next to it. Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds. Let the computer sit for 10 minutes with no power. Reconnect the charger and power On the laptop.

>>>Also, Try to reset BIOS to default settings. Start your computer and as soon as you hit the Power On button, keep pressing the F2 key. You can simply hit the F9 key to display a blue screen that says Load Setup defaults? Clicking on Yes will restore the default BIOS settings.  Press F10 to save and exit.

>>>>>If the Wi-Fi adapter is listed in device manager, please try this steps by uninstall and reinstalling the Wi-Fi driver,
    Open Device Manager. To do so, right-click on the Start button and then click Device Manager. Expand Network Adapters. Right click on the adapter you want to uninstall and select "Uninstall". This will remove the adapter from the list and uninstall the driver. Restart your computer and check if you see its driver installing automatically. You can also download and install the drivers from Acer support website.
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support

>>>Once you have it working, to make sure the network controller doesn’t go into sleep mode again, try this:
    Press and hold the Window logo key and tap X on your keyboard to open device manager. Click Network Adapters to expand the section.
    The adapter would be listed. Double-click the Realtek Network Controller. Choose the Power Management tab
    Untick “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!