Stuck on black screen after trying to Auto Repair

Acoren9301
Acoren9301 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
edit: black not "vlack2"

Hi everyone. I have a i5-4210u acer laptop and it recently crashed down on me. I started it up again and it said "Starting Automatic Repair" at the acer logo. After a good five minutes, the screen goes vlack2, keyboard stays lit and I can see the mouse cursor. I've waited all day and nothing has changed. Hopefully I can find a fix. Thank you.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Acoren9301 

Try the following...
    Power on the laptop. As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off.
    Repeat this process a few times until you see the "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen.
    Now you want to let the laptop boot to the "Automatic Repair" screen.
    Click "Advanced Options" and then select "Troubleshoot".
    Here you want to select "Refresh your PC", if you do not wish to erase data, or "Reset your PC" to erase all data and restore your system.
    From here just follow the screen instructions until the recovery is completed.
    NOTE: You will need to get into the "Advanced Options" in order to get the "Refresh Option". This choice will keep your data, but any programs installed will be lost. 
    Do not do a "Reset" as that will wipe all data you have on the laptop.

>>If that doesn't fix the issue Create a bootable USB stick as instructed and then attempt to boot into Windows Setup with it. Once in Windows setup, you will be presented with additional options such as booting into Recovery Mode, Reinstalling Windows fully etc. You should be able to continue from here.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!