My Aspire Desktop is now 1 year old my Mcafee expired I bought a new one and unistalled the last one

Options
teresa1961
teresa1961 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 1 in 2018 Archives
I couldn't install the new one but they put me through to a technician who wanted me to pay saying my computer is broke.  I have sinced read only some are compatible I am really confused now and not sure if I should pay them money - if I recall the same thing happened when it was brand new and cost me £70.00 does anyone know if I actually need to do this?

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Options
    Hi, 

If you have purchased new full version security software, I recommended you to please contact respective Security software support team and get the software installed in your computer at no additional cost. If you pay for a product (ex: new purchased software), you should be getting its benefit. Do not pay any amount additional to any 3rd party. Just get in touch with respective security software support people. 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• Tmzdroid
    Tmzdroid Member Posts: 88 Fixer WiFi Icon
    edited August 2018
    Options
     Short answer= NO. Save your money run Windows 10 Defender or there are some good free antivirus programs out there. I personally stick with Defender and scan with malwarebytes free now and again. Also uninstall your current Mcafee antivirus. 

https://www.howtogeek.com/225385/what’s-the-best-antivirus-for-windows-10-is-windows-defender-good-enough/

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    There are often a few hoops you have to go through to completely uninstall McAfee before you can successfully install a new version. They have a downloadable uninstaller that should fix it on their support site. You should never have to pay to install software you have purchased!
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.