How to fix Dolby Audio on my Acer VX5-591G (1050ti Model)

Options
Sywn
Sywn Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 2023 in 2018 Archives
Alright, so my SSD went out so I had to go buy a brand new one and install it, ect. I turned it on, and couldn't find my Dolby Audio, so I tried to reinstall the latest drivers, that didn't work. So I tried to factory reset it just in case something messed up when I got Windows 10 back onto my new SSD, nothing. Just wondering if anyone had the same issue. 

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    @Sywn  

Please uninstall and reinstall the audio adapter driver and check the issue. Right-click on the Start button on the taskbar and then click Device Manager.
    Expand the section that needs the drivers, Right-click othen click Uninstall device option. 
    When you get the following confirmation dialog, select Delete the driver software for this device check box and then click Uninstall button. Once the driver is uninstalled, reboot your computer once and let windows install the driver.

You may  click on download to save the file, then open the downloaded folder and install it, After installing the driver, if the "Dolby" option is still not displayed, open the downloaded folder and you will find the Dolby application in the  PCEE4 folder. Install the "Dolby" application file and it should wok fine (Audio_Realtek_6.0.1.7954_W10x64_A.zip\Audio_Realtek_6.0.1.7954_W10x64\PCEE4)
    Audio driver :  Download

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Sywn
    Sywn Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    @ Sharanji 

Alright, so I downloaded it, and it wouldn't work. Nothing I did would change the quality of the sound coming through. Like it wasn't connected or something. Maybe it has something to do with it's not the same exact Dolby Audio that came with the laptop?