any solutions pls as a bios update has stopped my pc (tc-220) from working properly?

paul_wheelan
paul_wheelan Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 1 in 2018 Archives

Hello all you clever tech whiz people!

Thank you for reading my question -below are the details

Computer:acer aspire tc-220

serial number-51800772030

Yesterday I was encouraged by the acer care centre to download a bios update. I clicked Ok left my PC for a while came back to see the screen blank. I have tried to reboot but I get 2 BEEPS,Pause,9 BEEPS,Pause,7 BEEPS and a totally blank screen, there is no power to my keyboard but there is power to my mouse ,but it has no effect on the screen and cannot be seen . I have tried pressing ctrl+alt+esc or F1 to try to get to the bios but to no avail 

I have downloaded a file (via another PC) called AFUWIN.EXE put that on a usb stick plugged it into my acer but the same malfunction continues , in my opinion the acer care centre should have made me aware of the possible problems which I have just seen on their main acer website. I realise that the beeps signifty possible mother board/hardware  problems etc. But I was hoping if there was someway to reset the BIOS back to the way it was before or some other way without me having to spend money on repairs for something that I do not consider to be all my fault. I thought that I would be able to trust the acer care centre. 

I hope that acer will not be charge me  for any recovery files as I do not consider myself to be totally responsible for this problem.Acer customer care should have told me of the possible problems and not just of the benefits of the bios update in my opinion.

Thank you

Paul  

Best Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited August 2018 Answer ✓
    Why did you come in with the support? Did the desktop have any problems before the bios update? Did you try to upgrade to what version of bios p11.a3 or p11.a4? Which version was previously installed?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    There is an option called recovery crisis that can recover the bios from your desktop! It is a procedure and it will be at your own risk! I can not be held responsible for any damage!
    2) Go to the ROM folder and change the name P11-A3.CAP to RCVBOOT.CAP

3) Now you need to program the pendrive! Go to the powershell as administrator, right-click the and enter the following commands: diskpart, list disk, sel disk x, clean (delete all), convert mbr, create partition primary, format fs = fat 32 quick, assign and active!

4) Copy only the RCVBOOT.CAP file to the pendrive and then the eject!

5) Turn off the desktop and unplug it from the electrical outlet and press the power button for thirty seconds to eliminate any traces of static power!
    6) Plug the pendrive into the desktop and plug the desktop into electrical power and press the power button!
    7) The system will enter the recovery process and you will hear a long beep followed by a short beep!
    8) Then select to proceed with the flash update to proceed!

9) Wait for the program to complete recovery.
    10) flash update completed.

11) Press any key to restart the system.
    12) BIOS recovery is now complete.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Why did you come in with the support? Did the desktop have any problems before the bios update? Did you try to upgrade to what version of bios p11.a3 or p11.a4? Which version was previously installed?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• paul_wheelan
    edited August 2018
    Hi 

Thanks for the questions, Unfortunately my Pc is no longer covered by any warranty . I didn't have any problems before the bios update . I think that my Bios was being updated to P11.A4  . Sorry I don't know what Bios was on it previously.
    Thank you 
  • Commodore_1995#
    There is an option called recovery crisis that can recover the bios from your desktop! It is a procedure and it will be at your own risk! I can not be held responsible for any damage!
    2) Go to the ROM folder and change the name P11-A3.CAP to RCVBOOT.CAP

3) Now you need to program the pendrive! Go to the powershell as administrator, right-click the and enter the following commands: diskpart, list disk, sel disk x, clean (delete all), convert mbr, create partition primary, format fs = fat 32 quick, assign and active!

4) Copy only the RCVBOOT.CAP file to the pendrive and then the eject!

5) Turn off the desktop and unplug it from the electrical outlet and press the power button for thirty seconds to eliminate any traces of static power!
    6) Plug the pendrive into the desktop and plug the desktop into electrical power and press the power button!
    7) The system will enter the recovery process and you will hear a long beep followed by a short beep!
    8) Then select to proceed with the flash update to proceed!

9) Wait for the program to complete recovery.
    10) flash update completed.

11) Press any key to restart the system.
    12) BIOS recovery is now complete.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• paul_wheelan
    Obrigado! Você é um gênio!
    Thank you it worked perfectly!Everything is back to normal . I'm very grateful for the time and trouble that you went to , in order to give me such a detailed and step by guide. You were the only one that took the trouble to reply with a solution! You deserve to be a trail blazer! Thanks again!